Jawa

My local Amish hardware store, Pine Valley Bolts, in Mesopotamia, Ohio has this Jawa for sale with a price tag on the seat of $400. It's missing the foot rests, chain guards, and a carburetor. If the odometer is accurate, it has less than 60 miles on it. I have a couple more pictures, but they were too large to upload. (edited)

20190205_163325.jpg
20190205_163300.jpg

Re: Jawa

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

I'd leave it there.

I did get a chance to go back and look at the plate on the fork to determine that it's a 1981, if that helps anybody. What's a good offer on that one? $50 - 100?

> Trent Anderson Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I did get a chance to go back and look at the plate on the fork to

> determine that it's a 1981, if that helps anybody. What's a good offer

> on that one? $50 - 100?

I once told a fella, who picked up a free Jawa, that he overpaid. I personally wouldn't walk across the street for a Jawa, after the things I've read. Spend your money on your Motrons.

$25

Only 58 miles?

Looks like a NOS vehicle.

What is the year of production?

Missing the carb I would offer no more than $50.00, maybe $25.00 and hope to part it out...maybe ask if they have the missing parts about somewhere?

Year of production is 1981.

Remember that it's an Amish shop and he got it from another Amish shop near Canton. The only motors they know about are chain saws and zero turn walk behind mowers. I doubt if I'm gonna find any more parts for this from them.

I'd jump on it if I could get it for $25 to $50, as it HAS to have some potential. Even if you hate Jawas, it looks reasonably complete.

Any thoughts from Jawa fans what this would need to get it on the road, assuming the motor is ok? My area of so called expertise is Minarelli V1.

If that's the only engines they know about they may well have taken it apart, or the previous store may have, and they said F-it. Never hurts to ask. I've gotten a lot of side covers like that.."well yeah my kid took it apart yrs ago, let me dig around back here..."

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account