WTB Sachs Suburban 2 Side Covers and Footboard

Hello everyone,

I have a 1980 Sachs Suburban that is only missing the two side covers and the footboard. I can't seem to find any available anywhere. If anyone has some laying around or knows where I might be able to find some, please let me know. I'm looking for these to make the moped easier to sell in the future and to protect the wires when I ride and park it. I'm not expecting to find some anytime soon and I'm not expecting to get them all in one go. If there aren't any out there then does anyone have any ideas for how to make something that doesn't look too bad. Thank you.

IMG_20190106_134010.jpg

Re: WTB Sachs Suburban 2 Side Covers and Footboard

We have some. Price includes standard shipping. I don't think we have the side covers in new old stock condition but I'm doing a bunch of organizing at our storage warehouse and if some turn up I'll be sure to list them as well.

I have engine covers from a G3....not sure if they're the same...

Here's what they look like

Screenshot_20190124-141358.png

Thats taken from a Sachs Suburban and Prima parts catalog

Just need the side panels now :)

Yeah that looks like what I have but lemme dig them out of my garage to be sure

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

I may have a set as well, I can check tomorrow.

Check it. This what you need?

20190124_182508.jpg
20190124_182519.jpg

Looks to me like they were painted at some point as they're a glossy black. Can't really tell though unless your hitting yourself in the face with em.

After a bit of research, unfortunately, the g3 side panels are different from the suburban. The part numbers for the suburban side panels are 760000155 and 760000156 while the g3's are 760001069 and 760001070. Thank you though!

Love the Viet Cong style baskets on that Sachs

Lol, thanks. I was told they were an option at the dealer, but I haven't seen any pictures of another one with them.

After some more research it definitely is stock

> Haden Asay Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> After a bit of research, unfortunately, the g3 side panels are different

> from the suburban. The part numbers for the suburban side panels are

> 760000155 and 760000156 while the g3's are 760001069 and 760001070.

> Thank you though!

Hmmmm interesting. Well good luck with your search.

Edit: Wait hold up. I have an Eagle II frame in my garage, same as the suburban. I can pop em on right quick and see if they'll fit. (edited)

Part numbers differ on different models even when identical parts. Have you never heard the term cross-reference?

I'm sure the side panels will bolt up fine, the bolt pattern looks exactly the same, but in the parts catalog and in multiple pictures you can see that they are in fact different. The suburban side panels are longer. I have no problem with using the side panels from a g3, but I want to make sure that I can't find any suburban side panels first.

Cool, I won't bother.

In 1979, Sachs changed the model Balboa's name to Suburban and the Westlake became the Sundancer. These name changes were aimed at the US market. Your Suburban side covers are the same as the Westlake, Balboa, Sundancer and most other Sachs Mopeds.

Here is a link to a right side cover with a Suburban decal on it. We are currently out of all Sachs left hand side covers.

Sunday Morning Motors

The following picture of a 1978 Balboa. Covers were grey, had Superman tail light, black section of tail pipe, spoke wheels, round cev switches, and only a few other minor changes

(edited)

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account