1979 Columbia Commuter (sachs motor)

Asking $300. run but bogged out and can barely hit 10 MPH. Think it needs a new float. Also needs Speedo cable, front brake cable and rear brake adjuster. I live in Brackenridge, Pa. Would have to be picked up.

17630039_1622323391115354_4973537686285798132_n.jpg

Re: 1979 Columbia Commuter (sachs motor)

dude, you are only like 20 minutes away from a buncha buncha us 'burgh based wrenchers/riders and MOPITT ....

tube frame is cool... 505/1A motor has potential, body and chrome and paint all look very pretty .... typical sachs bendy centerstand... no novelty kickbrake though, bummer.... rear reak brake lever is safer anyway ha....nice big lighting and levers/switches look good.... pipes the smaller header but the carb is probably still a 12mm (you can get the # off the carb body to confirm)

PA titled? was it evvverrrrr PA titled in the past? (edited)

Ya dude come hang sometime and bring the bike down we’ll take a look at it with you our shop is in Bloomfield

Joseph Delaney /

I got it from an antique shop. It has never been titled. Would have to get a certificate via motions court. I love the bike but cant afford to fix it and with winter coming don't want to see it get worse

Joseph Delaney /

I know Bloomfield well. In the late 90s I was a meat cutter at Foodland

Joseph Delaney /

Where is your shop at in Bloomfield

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account