FS Sachs 505/2 Manual Shift

DrGeorgeTompson (Alan) /

I built this motor as part of a passion project or something and i have lost interest in it as the original focus no longer fits my wants in a bike for the city. Would be good for someone with long roads where it can be wound out or i guess regeared to something reasonable.

Sachs 505/2 manual shift Bottom end - Imported OOO AHHH! very fresh rebuild maybe 50 miles on it. this one specifically.

Top Racing Crank

Athena 80cc reed kit w/ Carbon reeds

Treats CDI - Stock Flywheel, Motobecane CDI pickup - have the treats flywheel if you want that but i think it's bent or out of balance or just crap idk.

Modified Clutch has 3 pads (2 of them are the L2S High performance pads) in it seems to hold the power well.

24mm Custom Intake (It's in this thread somewhere)

13T sprocket

Knurled pegs - foot shift and foot brake

I have a box with an entire manual clutch in parts too.

$600 OBO shipped to the lower 48

I'll get a more recent photo when i get a chance but it doesn't really look any different than in the build thread.

Here's a thread about my clutch adventures and the build.

I'd prefer if questions were posted in this thread. I am very good at responding to stuff during the week.(edited)

Re: FS Sachs 505/2 Manual Shift

DrGeorgeTompson (Alan) /

bump

i like to haggle(edited)

so this is a complete engine? i also pm you. thank you for your time.

DrGeorgeTompson (Alan) /

BUMP

This is still for sale. No longer has a flywheel and has about 100 miles on the build. Clutch still works great.

Have 11t sprocket now. still have the 13t. Have the athena SHA and PHBG intakes too.

400$ or whatever shipped

DrGeorgeTompson (Alan) /

bump.

OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO OBO

Josiah Radebaugh /

uhhhhh $20

DrGeorgeTompson (Alan) /

> Josiah Radebaugh Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> uhhhhh $20

This is currently the best offer. do i see a $25?!

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Man that sounds awful sweet I got a Hercules that would love that let me get hold of my insurance agent they're going to cut me a check for my old bike give me a week and I'm less than a hundred miles from you

Josiah Radebaugh /

I'd loveeeeeee a Manual shift moped... Got a perfect frame fer that too........

man that's tempting...

how hard would it be to get a flywheel ?

DrGeorgeTompson (Alan) /

Im not going to sell it for $25, but i will accept a reasonable offer.

Got too many bikes so this one is getting parted out. If you are local and want the modified free spirit frame and pipe/ and or TSM tank we can work something out. But i want the wheels, brake, fork and swing arm.

The flywheel is pretty easy to get.

I used this one

https://www.treatland.tv/puch-ZA50-E50-CDI-ignition-p/puch-cdi-flywheel-magneto.htm

and dos was nice enough to sell me just the flywheel from one of these once.

https://www.doscycles.com/products/puch-e50-cdi-package?variant=43233451087

slap the bitch on and run it. the stock flywheel does not have enough power to get high rpms, but it will idle. I still have the stock flywheel

I dogged this clutch pretty hard and it never slipped when i didnt want it to. I never really hit super high RPMs though. I also have a box of extra parts still. all kinds of goodies.

DrGeorgeTompson (Alan) /

I still have this. Someone buy a cool Sachs motor.

Josiah Radebaugh /

This thing sounds awesome! Would be great for a beefy Top Tank build..

. Be serious. You all know this is worth a few hundred on the worst day and likely way more. I have several 3 and 4 speed shifties so I have no use for a 2 but really?

DrGeorgeTompson (Alan) /

Comes with everything on the bandanna. Also have the SHA and PHBG intakes and the clamp exhaust coupler and also a 13t sprocket. There is an additional clutch basket and parts that will go with it. I am trying to get a flywheel from a local guy

IMG_20190803_155322.jpg
IMG_20190803_155237.jpg
IMG_20190803_155249.jpg

(edited)

Brandon Kuzak /

I have a Cyrus venlo Bleu star bike it needs a 3 speed Sachs engine would this work by chance.

DrGeorgeTompson (Alan) /

> Brandon Kuzak Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I have a Cyrus venlo Bleu star bike it needs a 3 speed Sachs engine

> would this work by chance.

no, you need the vertical one

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account