'79 Moby VLA *Black*Mags*Couch Seat*Airsal*MD Title - Bike in PHL

For sale in Philly - '79 Moby VLA in mostly original condition (good paint, mags) with lots of upgrades and plenty of NOS parts installed over the years. Need to sell to finance other stuff ... but I have lots of other Moby stuff in basement so maybe some extras? $450, pick up in Philly.

New, fresh Airsal 45mm kit. 45mph with 16/16 cable choke, properly set points, custom milled head with good decomp, stock exhaust, new Ventico, NOS silent bloc motor mounts, NOS side covers, Peugeot bars, big couch seat (original N/A sorry), mirror deleted, the pipe in pics has been taken off but you can have it. MD Title. Mags are good, tank is good, IRC zap tires were new from Treats few years ago, original speedo still working ... and so much more. I bought this bike 9 years ago and it has been to many rallies, only let me down once when the pipe fell off. Mobys are reliable if you know what you are doing but when you upgrade stuff you have to be vigilant and in this case I didn't tighten the nut. Otherwise, quarter kick and goes like a clock.

I put a fresh kit on and rode around few times in late autumn but when I went to kick it over it would not run without the choke. So, I think the case seals have probably finally had it. $450 is a good price for a fresh original bike with some fun engine work ahead of you.

Pick up in Philly. More pics - IM me.

Re: '79 Moby VLA *Black*Mags*Couch Seat*Airsal*MD Title - Bike in PHL

Mick Baltards /

Bumping up. Here is another pic for 'ya.

IMG_3516.JPG

Mick Baltards /

Been to Kzoo. Been to PGH. Been to Gettysburg. Been all over on this moped. Did I mention I have owned it for like 9 years? Bumping up.

Damn. No one snagged this yet? Bump/bounce to this.

5C318D77-0571-4133-BA8B-D571C82032DA.jpeg

Mick Baltards /

Bump to first.

Joaquin Villegas /

PM sent

this is sick and a smoking deal. you should really keep it but glws. did i mention its a smoking deal?! wheels are worth half the price yall.

Smokin deal, god damn!

Mick Baltards /

To the Top. Come get this!

Have you sold this bike?

kevin Smellaflange /

what is the brand name of that pipe?

Damn I'm not really into Moby's but thus is a sick bike and even sicker deal! Glws!

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account