FS: 79 Moby 50VLA Black w/Malossi 62cc - Philly

For Sale - 1979 Black 50VLA in super-nice condition. I've owned this bike for the past 9 years and anybody who knows me and my Frenchies can attest to how well I have treated this bike. Black VLAs are a bit rare and especially in this condition. I'm asking $850.

Bought with 6149 miles; up to about 8500 now. That is the original speedo, still working. Tank is GREAT. This bike has never left me stranded ever, not once. Starts quarter kick every time, goes about 40mph with that unbeatable torquey take off that you love.

Comes with Maryland Title (!). I've done a lot to this bike over the years:

IRC Zap tires

Malossi 62cc Kit - bought on eBay France back in 2009

Mild porting and everything was matched back then

Milled head with decomp fully functional

Original case with (likely) original seals

Original clutch etc

SHA 16.16, cable choke

Peugeot bars (lower than stock)

Big Couch seat (sorry original VLA seat is not available, but this is better)

External condenser (original was still working though)

Malossi X Belt

Handy Bikes NOS side covers (have a few scratches now though)

NOS plug cap

My custom "Varispring" mod that keeps the variator in a lower gearing for longer

So much of the bike is still original, including the lock (I have the key!), the pedals are still nice, the cranks are not too bent (you can pedal), the fenders are great, and the paint is in nice condition. Original mirror is looking nice, tank embellisher strip is NOS, etc etc. This bike lived inside for many, many years.

So yeah there are a couple little things that are not perfect. The seat has a little tear in the stitching. The pipe that is shown in the pics is not all that awesome and it came loose and fucked up the threads on that great old Malossi cylinder. I'm going to put a stocker on there for the new owner. Or nothing, your choice. But, the threads are a little weak now. Bummer - and first time this ever happened to me. This pipe kind of sucks, and um, you can have it with the bike.

I have a video of me starting it 1/4 kick but I can't get it to preview here, bummer.

Anyway, here it is, a real nice daily rider in bitchin' black. Price is $850 - come to LGN rally and pick it up. IM for details etc.

Re: FS: 79 Moby 50VLA Black w/Malossi 62cc - Philly

Mick Baltards /

Oh, forgot - also - NOS motor mounts about 2 years ago. Real NOS too, not the bullshit fake ones that fall apart. Unicorn! So smooth ...

Brian Fredericksen /

Gorgeous bike. I'm actually a Moby person myself. I'm definitely gonna watch this, I'm in CT amd looking for a second bike to use as a commuter bike while I rebuild my Moby.

Mick Baltards /

Thanks for bump. Yeah CT is not too far from Philly ...

Bad News Bears /

Hmm, I may actually come down to Philly. Sent you a PM

Mick Baltards /

Don't see a new PM in my box. But yeah if coming to town for LGN with big car/truck this is the best time to pick up a new 'ped.

Mick Baltards /

Back on first.

Mick Baltards /

Open to offers of course.

Mick Baltards /

Crickets.

Hey, Im interested in your moby, ill pm u

Mick Baltards /

PM back.

Adam Margovic /

Solid price for a clean, kitted, TITLED bike! So many of us look at prices over $600 for bikes and assume it's "expensive", when in all reality, we will spend FAR more on our own restoring/kitting and titling a $200 barn find! (For example: The "Vermont" titling method, though great, will cost you $300 in PA by the time you pay both states!) If I had more room, I would grab this. Good luck with finding this bike a forever home! (edited)

Mick Baltards /

Hey thanks for bump. Yeah this bike is solid and anybody who knows my Moby love can attest to this bike's nice stretch with me. Definitely looking for its next long-term owner.

Mick Baltards /

Bumping up.

I just sold a bike yesterday, a beautiful one I have owned for 19 years. Girl was ecstatic and kept saying "are you not going to regret this?" but I was like no, look how happy you are. Somebody else needs to ride this.

Same here. You could be that lucky gal/guy.

This thing is beautiful and very well cared for. Most mopeds are trashed. Have a nice one instead. Lifestyle change requires me to sell more stuff otherwise I would keep forever.

Offers encouraged.

snorunner495.jpg

damn

i had one just like this just a couple years ago

seriously? people will spend 850+ on a magnum that this thing would rip the dick off of and ask for more...nice bike, bump for mob lyfe!

Mick Baltards /

Thanks for the bump! It goes pretty quick but I don't know if dicks will get ripped.

i got a little excited... slight chubs wil be flicked upon.

Mick Baltards /

I was going to write a new ad with lower price but looks like our old hosting sub ran out. Photobucket really sucked anyway.

Well $750 - PM for photos - super sweet Moby. Need money for medical expenses :(

Yeah Leo, that was a nice bike. Glad you think so.

Makes me wonder why you left such shitty feedback about the sale after you came and inspected it personally at my house, hung out, talked peds, seemed cool, then went home and went all passive aggressive, keyboard warrior bitch boy on the feedback like I somehow misrepresented a bike you personally checked out.

And now you post that same bike like it was fucking great. Nice.

What a complete ass you are. I mean, I knew that, but it's always good to remind others.

Unbelievable.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account