FS: Built Sachs G3

Selling my Sachs G3. Just started for the first time after recent rebuild. Back when I rode this in 2009-10, it was crazy fast. Power wheelie and stuff. 55mph all day. I just went through the motor (which I originally imported new old stock from Germany) with a fine tooth comb. No corners cut. Long list of custom and performance mods. See below. Asking $1600 which is well below what I have into this bike.

Specs:

NOS 505/2DKS (2speed kick start)

Rebuilt bottom end (sfk Italian bearings/seals) Straight cut under drive primary gears

5 disk clutch

Ported 80cc Athena reed kit

Top Racing crankshaft

Carbon reeds

Custom welded Zen pipe

21mm dellorto phbg

Custom phbg velocity stack

HPI ignition

Sava MC11 tires

Custom foot brake

Key switch

NOS CEV tail light

17xx original miles on frame

Clean gas tank

I also have a 505/3DKS in need of rebuild, an NOS 505 D crank, various sprockets, Sachs clutch nut tool, misc Sachs bits. Will include with the sale for an additional $200. Otherwise make offers on this stuff.

Re: FS: Built Sachs G3

Them 80cc Athena Reed kits are beast like !

Looks to be a very good job !

Glws

nice bike!

I'd love to have this! You did a great job.

NICE BIKE! @Rob - just because we spent so much time talking about our G-3's, I'd love to ride this bike before it sells!

Messaged you! :)

Still available!

wowowow

did you have any other mods to the 5 plate clutch or was it just a good condition oem clutch?

i cant imagine power wheelies with that clutch, fought with it for years and seeing this makes me regret giving it up.

Forgot to mention the high tension clutch spring. I think it's something like 35% more tension on the basket. That makes the difference. Clutch is bulletproof! There's probably even more mods I'm forgetting to mention...

Ohh yea. I also rewound the hpi lighting coil so the lights are actually usable.

wow where did you find a high tension clutch spring, i looked for years for something like that.

i was convinced the spring was the problem! CONVINCED!

>>>taykoff [s2m] /

Gnarly Sachs....GLWS!

Can't give away all my secrets. Buy this and take the spring out ;)

Robert Harris Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Can't give away all my secrets. Buy this and take

> the spring out ;)

why not share the love

DrGeorgeTompson (Alan) /

Don't mind me, I'm just sitting here debating whether or not I want to buy a $1600 spring.

^ haha yeah, right? luckily every thing i've ever done in mopeds i've figured out 100% by myself and share no knowledge! thats what its all about, right?

DrGeorgeTompson (Alan) /

Read the 505 clutch wiki. There is an uber clutch that came with a stiffer diaphragm spring. I'll be that's it. Now where to find one...

For the lazy.

Before there was lucky 2 strokes, there was Rob Harris. This bike is the dream.

I mean I bought that spring maybe 8 years ago.. Maybe you haven't been looking for it for enough years? My suggestion is become familiar with German words and scour EBay.de or German moped sites. Takes time and patience. I don't have links for this stuff readily available. Took a quick look and found nothing.

Ask Lucky 2 Strokes if they can get a batch manufactured. They have connections.

yeah i've heard of it being sold in the kit but never actually seen one in picture or in person.

is it the same style finger spring, just heavier? i gave up on sachs, sorry to say, but i think that was really the missing link to all my unsuccessful clutchfuckery.

Yup same style spring.

« Go to Topic — end of thread