WTB: Honda Hobbit Gas Tank

Dr. Mantis Toboggan M.D. /

Looking for a clean Honda Hobbit gas tank, petcock, gas cap and all of the rubber tank settings for mounting if possible. I would prefer the tank to be yellow, but I'm open to all colors.

Re: WTB: Honda Hobbit Gas Tank

barto barefoot /

let me see what I have and I will get back in a couple of days. P.S. where ever you get a tank from, you should do this before you put it on. Buy some play sand (not builders sand) or a handful of small pebbles and place them in the tank after draining it. Pour a little bit of 2 cycle oil in the tank and shake and rattle the tank like hell or until you're too tired. Do this several times the first day. Drain the rocks or sand or both. Blow out the tank as good as possible and flood the tank with water until all is out. The oil seals the tank . Rinse out a couple of times with gas or until all grit and rust and trash is gone and then fuel with proper fuel mixture. Also always put an inline fuel filter in your gas line. This is the cheapest insurance you can ever buy.

Or just use evaoprust

Dr. Mantis Toboggan M.D. /

Thanks for the info Barto, let me know if you've got a tank for sale. I just cleaned out one of my other tanks with vinegar and that seemed to work really well. I'll have to try the sand/pebble method.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account