79 Express II runner, 80 Express parts bike, WA

Neil Burgess /

I've recently picked up a 79 Express II- runs good! Some rust but complete. Also have an 80 Express which I'm calling a parts bike- got it with tank and rear rack removed(present and accounted for, just not on the bike), turns freely and could possibly be a runner as well. I haven't messed with it yet.

Both are yellow- the 80 has turn signals, the runner does not. Had thought to maybe put the 2 together- put the signals on the 79- but just don't have time right now with my hobbits and other projects going on.

The Express II currently has no lights- horn works so I'm pretty convinced ACvolts work fine- kill switch on handlebar doesn't work, I'm thinking someone got inside the headlight. I'm gonna fix that issue- starts easily without any choke at all- here is a vid of it running:

Definitely needs some cleaning too! But what moped doesn't! I'm entertaining offers- would like to see $350 out of the pair. Located in Aberdeen WA. Sorry no titles- one has a plate and we may be able to fix that situation too. PM me for phone# and I can take and text any pics you may need-

(edited)

IMG_20140903_182509_650[1].jpg
IMG_20140903_182520_919[1].jpg

Re: 79 Express II runner, 80 Express parts bike, WA

Neil Burgess /

Found out today the 80 express isn't in the system even tho it has a plate. Last registered 1988, just needs inspection and a plate can be had. The 79 which runs- the previous owner was the original 1979 purchaser- and would be in his 80's. He had an Aberdeen address tho and I'm gonna see if I can track him down(or family to sign off on it).

Hehe I have visions of a gyro-like 3 wheeled twin engine beast......

Still for sale

Neil Burgess /

The lights issue on the Express II was no big deal- both bulbs were blown. I'm waiting for DOL to reply with the contact info- I think I'll get it titled. Runs really good- surprised at no replies or offers on this bike.

Bump- Still for sale!

I like them, just wrong coast.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account