Jawa moped.

Randy Johnson II /

I have an opportunity to buy a running Jawa moped. I watched it run after starting it with a high speed drill but the clutch system needs completely rebuilt. This is a 2 speed jawa if this helps.

The amount we agreed on is 50 dollars if I want it. It has 800 miles on it and looks close to brand new. Rims are true and tires aren't dry rotted.

Is this a worthy project? (edited)

image.jpg

Re: Jawa moped.

Randy Johnson II /

This may be a one speed but I won't know for sure until I get it.

yeah, buy it.

starting clutches can be found

or

I*ll sell you my 210 engine

Randy Johnson II /

Cool. I'll try and finish the deal. Looks like I have a new hobby. My wife will not be happy. ;)

steve holloman /

ill take it !!! wanting to buy anyway ..........

Clutch is easy to rebuild typically the 2 needle bearings dry out or rust causing the clutch to not rotate around the crank at idle. So the clutch stays engaged. Also those 3 drive clutch mounts on the outer cover rust up preventing the shoes from engaging. Check that all your springs are intact.

I have a set of nos start shoes 12shipped. had my 1 speed up to 35 with a few macgyver'd parts. a 2 speed would be fun.

Randy Johnson II /

Thanks. Weather up here is holding me off for today. Going to try tomorrow morning.

My wife didn't like much of anything I did, got rid or her kept moped , much easer to deal with.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account