FS: 1977 Puch Newport

delete this account /

Carb needs cleaned, also have new petcock and throttle cable to go with. Clean tank. new tires and tubes. Someone scoop this thing up. Local pickup only

NO TITLE <- but isn't hard to get in PA

375.00 OBO

Re: FS: 1977 Puch Newport

PM sent....

Michael Domanski /

soo clean nice bike.

delete this account /

Sold

So yeah... I'm the sucker that bought it.

Pictures don't do justice as to how big of a piece of shit this thing turned out to be. When I went to get it, I knew it didnt run. Thats fine.

All the fluids had so kindly been drained "for clean and easy transport". Yeah right. Got it home, filled the trans with fluid and watched it run right out the bottom. Gaskets were re-installed in such a hurry that of course it wouldnt hold any fluid.

That "clean" tank? HA! Filled with a ton of black/brown goop at the bottom. Took days to actually clean it correctly.

"New throttle cable". Yeah its new, but it wasnt installed. Found out why - because it wasnt the right cable.

Pedal crank is jacked. Handlebars are jacked and won't clamp solid.

Has new tires!! Woohoo!! They're the wrong size and rub everywhere.

Only decent things on this pile was the seat and wheels. And maybe the paint. I didnt pay the asking price, but still got ripped off.

Buyers beware folks!

At least its in competent hands now. (edited)

UPDATE!!

Contacted the seller, Walt (who has now changed his name to lmdgr34) about my issues the moped.

He has ignored the message and immediately started changing all his profile information on here! He was 32 and now hes 24. He did live in Harrisburg, now its all of a sudden Upper Black Eddy, PA. Did have a couple bikes listed in his profile, now its blank.

SHADY ASS MOTHERFUCKER!! Added him to the Bad Sellers list.

I still have his phone number, address, and facebook profile in case anyone else has dealt with him and needs to contact him.

Since he's a being a little bitch and trying to hide, here's one of his profile picture from facebook....

Its a goddam shame that the community has members like this. (edited)

That just sucks. Sorry this happened to you.

sookia sookia /

that pedo stache should have been ur first clue

Another Update!

My PM's and posts finally got his attention. He's refunded me a substantial amount of what I paid and life will go on.

Maybe he isn't such a bad guy after all. Its just a shame it came to this.

A moderator can feel free to delete this entire thread so we can all move on with our lives.

All the things you said are kinda expected on a old puch thats been sitting for awile.

Sounds like you bought a typical project bike and are complaining about it because you didn't look it over good enough.

I expected a project... which is why I was willing to buy a non-running bike. It was sold with known issues that weren't disclosed and were attempted to be covered up. Its all settled now though. Thanks.

this is exactly why I would never buy a moped that says "needs carb clean" If you can't clean a fucking carb, than you are too retarded to own one. Also, if you owned a moped that you wanted to sell and knew would run with a clean carb, why wouldn't you take 10 minutes to clean it so you could sell it for a whole lot more?

Thunder Tribe /

"Also, if you owned a moped that you wanted to sell and knew would run with a clean carb, why wouldn't you take 10 minutes to clean it so you could sell it for a whole lot more? " I agree 100% , if your to dumb to clean a carb then your probably to dumb to know that that is "all it needs to run. Ironicly i have bought several moped not running that the seller told me " just stoped working one day" and all they needed was fresh gas a carb clean.

well I'm glad it all worked out in the long run

Dirty30 Dillon /

A dirty tank in the rust belt? So shocking. A Puch Maxi missing stock parts? What else is new, not like they aren't available everywhere. Jeez, I throw away maxi parts.

I don't think you had to add this guy to the Bad Sellers because you didn't look the bike over at time of purchase, and or paid too much for a non running maxi.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account