Steyr-Daimler-Puch (Sears Sabre)

Hey gang. I have what i believe is a 1968 Sears Sabre that is more project than I'm interested in (I like big bore bikes). It's old, it's crusty, but it is complete except the unobtainable metal tool boxes. I'm offer it as parts to the moped gods in hope it can have new life on other machines. All the tin is good with a well weathered patina of red mixed with surface rust. I have put an after market piston in the motor as well a a new crankshaft seal to get it running but haven't mounted it to the bike to see if it will run. It has good spark and pops when gas is shot into the motor. This model doesn't have pedals but a kick start with a four speed trans. Its got the speedo with all the cables still hooked up. Headlight rim is toast but the housing and lense are good. Has a complete tail light assembly. Looks like the bike was parked because the rear sprocket bolts loosened and pulled from the hub. Bike shows just over 1500 miles but looks more like 15000! Let me know what you are looking for. I'd just like like to recoup my investment. I live in Portland, OR.

Re: Steyr-Daimler-Puch (Sears Sabre)

I need the rear wheel !!!!! Fuck it. I just need the spokes and nipples if the hub is trashed.

Overpriced Parts /

Nice picture!

Here's the latest pics. I have stripped some sheet metal, seat, tank and foot pegs but it's all there. Trying to get engine to run but compression is too low. Engine will probably need new crank and cylinder to run. Some chromium missing off cylinder walls and bearing sound rough. Stupid me bought the wrong piston too! Jusy don't want to keep dumping cash into it but I do love wrenching on anything with a motor.

ped2.JPG
ped1 .JPG

I want the rear wheel

Jeremy Homser /

I need the engine and handle bars with controls. Possibly the front end with fender and wheel

Do you have any pictures of the tank and what would you want for it?

Hey Deck. Here's some pics of tank. Asking 40.00 plus shipping on ebay. Needs to be hot tanked and coated on inside. All very solid metal. Small dent on top left size of s 1/2 dollar. Chrome plating is rust pitted. No holes in tank due to years with oil/gas left inside. Stinks!! My email is designbum@msn.com. Send me yours and I can show more pic if you want. Thanks, Don.

tank1.JPG
tank3.JPG
tank4.JPG

I currently have what you want. Tell me specific and I'll work up a price. Thanks, Don.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account