NEEDTOBUY: Tomos starter brass bushing!

Help! I need the brass bushing that the Bendix gear sits in. The one that sits in the stator cover.

Please help!

Re: NEEDTOBUY: Tomos starter brass bushing!

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

A3 or A35? Not sure if they are the same.

For the electric start A55. The Bendix gear is the gear that jumps out and grabs the gear on the flywheel to start the bike. I'm looking for the little brass bushing the Bendix gear sits in. Its sandwiched in between the stator cover and the case. I need the bushing on the cover side.

The one in the stator cover is part #230794, the one for the cases is #230793. I'll check I might have one at the shop.

dang I broke one these once and it was a pain to replace, I feel for you

I might have an extra on a set of spare cases if above can't find, let me know and I'll send it out to you

I got a replacement from steves moped in nj for like $25 it was a complete rip lol

yea buddy!

Awesome! Is that the stator cover side or the case side? I can't tell by the picture, but it looks like the case side bushing. They aren't the same. I have an extra case side bushing and I really wish they were the same!

well you've got me stumped.

i pulled this off A55 cases with elec start, that cute little mech is held by this bushing

ohhhhhhhhh

i totally just realized what you are talking about, this is not what you need

Yep! That mechanism is the Bendix gear. The other side of the Bendix gear is sandwiched in between by the stator cover. The other side of the Bendix sits in a similar brass bushing that presses in the stator cover like the one you have there in the case. I need the cover bushing. :(

I called and he doesn't. He did mention he has mad his own with some tubing from the hardware store. So that's what I'll be doing I guess!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account