WTB: A Moped - StL area

Wanting to buy my first moped. I've been looking at Craigslist for awhile but everyone on there seems to be a turkey. As per the reasonable rules set out by the Wiki...

I will not buy an exotic, rare, or no-name brand of moped.

I will not buy a non-running moped.

I will not pay more than about $600 (unless you're buying a brand-new or nearly-new Tomos)

Though reasonable, I am willing to break rule #2. If you actually know what's wrong with it and all I have to do is order a part / learn how to install said part we might be able to work something out. So if you're in the St. Louis area and looking to sell, let me know.

Re: WTB: A Moped - StL area

I have a Pryer trike, and babetta sport for sale. All need a little work but they are not no name mopeds, prices are reasonable.

Don't want a trike. The babetta just doesn't seem like a good move for me. Though I do like the style, maybe down the road. Thanks.

Babetta is a sweet bike-was running, I took the top end off because I was considering an overbore piston. $150 takes it and I even have a sha intake, sha, and maybe a minarelli header for it.

Damn, I sold a kitted hobbit last weekend for $600

If I already had a daily rider, and some experience with a Jawa engine, it wouldn't be a terrible deal. But I'm looking for a daily rider that I can find parts for / repair help with. Gonna have to say no. But thanks for offering.

Yea I actually saw your posting, right up my alley. But $600 is at the top for me anyway. And I want to get my hands dirty a bit. Seems like you did all the work. But if you know anyone wanting to get something off their hands steer them towards the forums.

Christopher Jones /

I have a pretty clean vespa bravo, newer tires, bike starts easy and just rode it 30+miles yesterday. Needs a few little things. pm if your interested.

any vespa is a great 1st bike

I have a suzuki fz50 in great condition id be willing to sell. Many new parts. Its a 2 speed automatic. Pm if interested

Still looking if anybody has something. Thanks to those who have put out offers. Just giving this post a bit more time.

My running top tanks are at the top of your price, sorry.

barney gierer /

I have several nice bikes in the loo. Couple 50vs, moby 7, grande

I have some other running bikes if your maximum dollar amount is flexible (edited)

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account