WTB CEV 6952 flywheel and stator.

Brent Bublitz /

It's for a Califfo Deluxe, which means it's really hard to find. I guess the 6952 ignitions were made for a variety of Italian bikes. Mine just took a major flaky dump and I'm pretty sure I have a roasted coil. Anyone have one that works? '77 has a set for some crazy price, and I really don't want to have to try rewinding these things by hand. Help?

Re: WTB CEV 6952 flywheel and stator.

1977mopeds has them new for $85

Brent Bublitz /

Yeah, I saw that. I was hoping to not spend that much if I don't have to, just in case someone had a thing laying around.

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

Well, I gave it my best shot. I looked through about 50 CEV flywheels and couldn't find that particular number. It's gonna be tough finding one outside of 1977 Mopeds.

Brent Bublitz /

Thanks for the effort, I really need the stator plate and coils more than the flywheel. I'm thinking a v1 stator is really close, although they rotate opposite directions. I wonder if that could be made to work. (edited)

Brent Bublitz Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Thanks for the effort, I really need the stator

> plate and coils more than the flywheel. I'm

> thinking a v1 stator is really close, although

> they rotate opposite directions. I wonder if that

> could be made to work.

It may work if you flip the coils?

Brent Bublitz /

Done and done!

Coils are a clean 1-for-1 swap with a V1 stator. Have to use the stock points from the Califfo, but other than that everything swapped straight over to the califo plate. It worked great and I just got done driving it around.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account