WTB Any Running Puch Maxi N.

Email, or message me, if you have something I may like, with any images, and details. Budget isn't huge, but if you show me what you got, and let me know what you want for it, maybe we can work something out? Would prefer it be complete enough to ride as-is, running, not rusted out, or tweaked frame, but may consider other options too, in some areas. Also, I would prefer you be close enough to me, to meet up in person, but I'm possibly flexible on that, as well.. thx! :)

My location is Clarkston Michigan

Re: WTB Any Running Puch Maxi N.

I'm starting to wonder if they can be found at all. :(

They aren't as common as a run of the mill maxi

It seems like many of them are in IN,IL, OH. Not too far from you. You just have to be fast, and search using vague terms, they wont be listed as a maxi n. Or just get a regular maxi and weld it up to be a hardtail.

Right, I've seen a couple suspension Maxi's come up on CL near enough to me, over the past couple weeks, but no N's. Right, I've been just searching through the entire motorcycle listings on CL. there seems to be around 6000 bikes of all kinds for my tri-county area, at any given time. And I've searched inside-out and backwards, search terms. and even as far out as 100 miles away. I can't even tell you how many times I've entered "moped" and "scooter" into the box on CL... I think I've even had dreams where I was searching "moped" on CL... My dad does have a welder, and I could weld some bars in place of the shocks, or fab out a couple solid replacements that'll bolt in, and take the place of the shocks. But the thing is, I really like the hard tail frame design over all. Maybe I'll just have to get another few hundred buck bike, to start playing around with, while I continue to search for an N. At least then I got something to ride in the meantime, and play around with..

Finding ANY (let alone a Maxi N) moped in good order, ANYWHERE in Michigan, seems about as difficult as finding a giant petoskey stone on the shores of Lake Michigan. Thought maybe I found somebody down in Ohio who had a nice N, but he seems to have gone non-responsive on me, I guess :(

I feel like Michigan is one of the great Moped lands! That's too bad, I see them all the time around New England

Really frustrating, because I have the cash to get a decent running, and solid Maxi N, (or even if I had to for now, some other make!) but cannot find one anywhere at all. Michigan is terrible, for the moped market (at least on craigslist) do a search, and you'll mostly find a great big steaming pile of SCOOTERS, and and tons of crappy scooters being misrepresented as mopeds, with the occasional ACTUAL junked, or way overpriced moped mixed in. Ohio on the other hand.... Ohio has some serious mopeds for sale! Unfortunately, trying to get somebody down in Ohio to sell a moped to a Michigander, is proving next to impossible. I've been daydreaming, and planning a project for the Maxi N, day and night, and dreaming about riding one, when I go to bed... but every morning I wake up to find no Maxi N anywhere near my garage... let alone in my shop being re-built custom. Heartbreaking. Just plain heartbreaking. :(

Maybe folks like 1977 mopeds, etc, and the fact that Moped Army, is a Michigan institution, means that a decent moped in my state, is gone almost before it's ever even listed for sale... One would think Michigan has mopeds of all sorts coming out of it's ears.... not so.... not so at all...

I just sold my N recently and its back up on craigslist for close to what i sold for stock, but now its kitted and all that stuff.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/for/4593170825.html

Great bike there, looks like. I plan to start from stock, and completely do my own build, top to bottom.

Yep, a price I was just quoted, for a clean, but mostly stock N, was substantially higher than an equivalent Maxi S or D. They really are rare in the U.S. and the price shows it. Funny how a bike that used to be the bottom of the fleet, is now demanding a pretty high pricetag.. well, as used 70's mopeds goes.

For now, I may have to resort to a rear suspension model with an E50, and maybe replace the rear suspension with bars. I don't want to, but I'm just not prepared to pay around 1000 for a used bike, just yet, without it already being a much higher performance bike, from the outset. :(

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account