FT General Five Star V1 toptanker (Philly)

1980 General Five Star toptank with V1

I will bring this back to Pittsburgh later on but for awhile it's gonna be at my brother's place in Philly. Picked it up for trade and literally havent touched it.

Typical P/O backstory including "me and my brother rode it all through the 90's then parked it when it wouldnt start one day, dunno what it may or may not need" ... I say they rode it hard though cause the signal stems and bottom side covers are missing and the front end obviously took at least one big knock. V1 complete w intake carb and pipe, 17" spokes, head and tail and the cool 5-star integrated control collars/switches. has fork/tank key, everything else is there cable and wiring wise, seat needs new foam.

Packing up the camping gear and a buncha hobbits this week reminded me how much i liked having a couple plain jane lightweights around so Im hopeful about trading this big meaty toptanker V1 blaster wannabe (albeit a project presently) for a simple mild mannered bone stock lightweight or part trades... trades in philly for now or pittsburgh later... 'specially runner and extra 'specially a rigid like:

Ciao square-post full rigid

Sachs rigid kick-braker (even a lowly 'B') sundancer hercules westlake

Motobecane Model 7

Zanetti C50 / Safari Fox

See what I mean? Maybe other comparable or interesting peds that ais small light barebones rigid runner?

would also consider a trade against a freshly reliably built running vespa polini speedcase points motor

(edited)

3171.jpg
3165.jpg

Re: FT General Five Star V1 toptanker (Philly)

Just drop that off in St. Louis. Ill trade you a running FA 50 and 100 bucks!

oh yeahhh true dat too... a clean lil titled inspectable noped (gal'durn penndot is a title / inspection state for nopeds) runner (specially a sweetheart first gen honda express nc50) isnt necessarily out of the question either (edited)

pm's back. Anything is for sale of course but I'd really dig a trade for a small polite rigid stocker, or other smallish ped / maybe noped

Stock FA50s do 28, but after a side bleed pipe and tuner job they will make a 250lb ride do 40+ on flat land. When you bury the needle on a 40mph speedometer you are living life to the fullest.

How much I'm in jersey

pm's back again... I'd still prefer to find a nice trade but if its selling outright eventually I suppose 300ish is where I'd be.

Dang I would totally do that trade...if the 7 wasn't my girlfriends bike....and you weren't' 9 hours away..

Look at those forks. the curve is sharper than my intro to psych class grades

I know right? And i have the the corresponding bow in the front rim picture side up :) still hopeful to trade for some nice little plain Jane maybe you scooped up on the cheap....

Just use any old forks that fit it can be a really really nice bike

Bump... Also have another complete running V1 we could talk about :)

(B)humpday

Other potential trades for used hobbit: tjt n sidebleed mlm? Fresh built vespa speed case bottom?

Or still want a vanilla stock rigid ped like square post ciao. Still want a buncha Zanetti stuff. Titled clean inspectable nc50 qt50 fa50 noped?

I'm still looking to buy

m'goose: pm'd offer .... Otherwise still up for philly / area trades ... Full rigid square post trade preferred but open to other smallish (no)peds or speed case vespa bottom build or "?"

bump

up... if no trades... $250 outright is cool (edited)

I can't make it to Philly this week

andrew... pm'd you again with details.... if you are a "sure thing" simply prepay and ill hold it until its convenient for you to pick up :)

SOLD

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account