WTB motobecane 50v speedo cable

in need of a cheep yet functional speedometer cable that fits 50v im in san diego 91911

Re: WTB motobecane 50v speedo cable

scott middleton /

Me too, tough buggers to find.

classic moped spares on ebay

I took a shot and ordered 3. Got them a week and half later and work like a charm for my 40t.

scott middleton /

Saw those, but $30 for a speedo cable is spendy. Glad to know they fit though.

Got 3 for 70$ so not as bad but they are new and fit which is more than I can say for anything I've seen in the US.

man i did not want to spend that much for a cable. any one know if their are other spedos that use the same cable?

bump

used cable for moby 50v

Yea, guys. I think I have a couple new cables. I'll take a look tomorrow. What is your cable length?

I need a 22 1/2 cable

scott middleton /

650mm

I need one as well

Here are a few pics of the cables. I know they are the right size. I put one on a restoration of a 1979 Motobecane Moby. It had a Huret speedometer and drive. The dimensions of the cable housings are, 27.5 inches in length (700mm approx.) and 2.70mm on the squared cable ends. Please measure anyway if you have your old broken cable.

I only have 3 and they are new. $25 shipped. If you are interested in buying one, my PayPal email address is in my profile.

Motobecane Speedometer Cables 2014-07-21 003 (640x480).jpg
Motobecane Speedometer Cables 2014-07-21 001 (640x480).jpg

i appreciate your offer but thats too rich for me. was hopping for a good used cable $15 max

https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/read.php?2,3713718

Selling my original cable. Check out pics in the link above.

22.5" inch original speedo cable off my 1980 Motobecane 50. Works as it should. The little red needle that tells the speed on my Huret Speedometer broke off, and I am not going to replace it. So the working cable is up for grabs.

Give Danny at Mopedland Spares (mopedland@ukfsn.org) an email, he's got 570cm (aka 22.5") huret speedometer cables for £8 or ~$13 USD. Shipping brought mine to £13.38 or ~$22 to the US. Took about a week to arrive.

Cables are on this page: http://www.mopedland.ukfsn.org/chain/

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account