1953 Kriedler K50 - Putting Feelers Out F/S

Justin Shepherd /

I am considering selling my 1953 K50. Right now it is in the shop getting the brakes relined, new tires, new tubes, new carb and a few other things. It is not running currently because the points are so worn. I have purchased a new set of points for it and they are at the shop, but the shop doesn't want to do them, so it will be something either I handle when I get the bike back or if I get an offer to entice me to sell it, the new owner can have those.

The bike is totally unrestored, the motor has great compression, all seals and gaskets are in tact and the bike is complete.

From what I gather from the Kriedler database and others on here, this is the oldest known Kriedler in the U.S. and the only K50 in the U.S. that anyone I've talked to is aware of.

Because of this, I am not sure where to price it, so I am open to entertain suggestions and offers.

The below link has some photos of the bike as well as the thread discussion surrounding the rarity of it.

https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/read.php?1,3596222,page=1

I am located in San Antonio, TX (The bike is currently in Austin)

You're welcome to email me here, or call/ text me at 404-397-nine-zero-nine-one. (Text is better and faster during business hours.)

Thanks for looking and for your help, assistance and interest.

Justin

Re: 1953 Kriedler K50 - Putting Feelers Out F/S

Justin Shepherd /

Here is a recent Photo - Picking it up Saturday.

Looking at post history and google shows it up too - you scored it, can't get it running and now selling

Is the motor a 2spd? Lefty shifter?

What's a realistic price for you? $2000.00?

Overpriced Parts /

Sell it to a restaurant to put on their wall or put it on yours it's useless to ride it and wear out the bore and other parts even more with no rebuild parts available for it even if you do get it to run. It's kinda a good find kinda a bad find like finding a cool rare musclecar that is Rusty, has a seized engine and interior is rotted,

Justin Shepherd /

To be honest the number I had in mind was around $3000, but i mean realistically i have room and could come down....if you wanted to meet me half way at $2500, i would do that for sure.

You paid a few hundred bucks, watch too much tv, and want to flip it.

I have a buyer if it's a 2spd control shifter but even he would say no at $1000

And yeah, that's the oldest kreidler k50 in America.

^ Google webcrawlers eat your heart out

Justin Shepherd /

I'm not trying to hide what I paid for it I bought it, have put money into it and sourced the hard to find parts and fabricated others...Just because I got a great deal on the bike doesn't mean anything. It's due to connections and resources to allow that.

I bought it with the intention of keeping it, but my ultimate goal is to get a DeLorean and the Kreidler and a vintage Mini Cooper I have are part of the plan to get there.

You may do as you wish - most certainly

I'm just jelous

Nowhere did I read what you paid for it

these posts are dozens of dimes

Justin Shepherd /

Well you dont have to be jealous...I'd happily sell it to you...TBH I dont know much about these things and dont have a whole lot of desire to learn

Whoa, You have a Trabant in the states? Sweet! (edited)

Justin Shepherd /

I do :) I also own/run TrabantForums.com

It's my baby.

I you had a realistic price, Boot2thehead would prob. buy it. Put it on E-bay and see what you can get for it. GLWS

substitute a modern moped

carb for that Amal and save

yourself a headache.

I reeeally like that bike. I also really like trabants. Good luck with the sale.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account