maxi EBR hydro forks are too expensive!!! but I need hydro forks any replacement or used F/S?

I'm working on an expensive project with a clear vision of what I want, everything else seems fairly priced except for the hydraulic forks @$250 I would love to find a cheaper solution, replacement or even buy a used one from you guys..

no K10 fork as they are not priced the same anymore* Moved to this forum by maize

Re: maxi EBR hydro forks are too expensive!!! but I need hydro forks any replacement or used F/S?

Re: maxi EBR hydro forks are too expensive!!! but I need hydro forks any replacement or used F/S?

Wait around and you may find someone who cares to offer you a good deal on one. Your stretched Maxi project may be better off with something beefier since you are changing the whole dynamic of the suspension itself.

Have you found any other ideas similar to yours?

Nice triple thread attack btw.

well yeah its inspired by this build i pictured below, but with my own little twist of rear/front hydro shocks and the wildest powder coating you have ever seen on a moped hell even the chopper saddle will have shocks... its turning out to be very expensive but my mind is set on it! its my first moped so a lot of love will go into it.

DSC_0052.JPG

If you can find a set... General/Lazer/etc hydros are good. 77 had em stocked for $99. Not sure of they still have any. Honestly though your best bet would probably be a set of K10 with the Big Boy spring update and bore them to allow a 12mm axle. If you're drop uber money into the bike why would go cheapo on one of the most important parts of a bike hah?!

I buying the best parts I can because I'm one of those guys that hates buying things twice... i just feel like this item is too pricey @250 and i have to be efficient while getting the best parts I can afford for this project...

But you also stated K10s are too pricey... they avg about $100-130 depending where you get them. They're honestly probably one of your best and easiest to install choices. Not head tube trimming and you can use the Puch bearings and races. Add a set of the Big Boy springs and oil of choice and you have a beefy front end.

I really thank you for taking time to reply to my post... to clarify, the k10 used to go for $40 bucks complete and you still need to weld caliper mount, buy new springs and play to get the right fit.. for that i honestly rather throw $100 bucks more and have a plug and play set of hydraulic forks..

I gues you won't have a nice cylinder or a good cdi either.

Beard Road Bruiser (SoB) /

Yea... $100 for a set of K10 forks is still not a bad price.

Find KX80 forks. Aside from the EBR's, nothing is going to really be plug and play.

Yeah K10s are the most plug n play forks other than ones designed specifically for the maxi. Adding a caliper bracket is easy. And the spring upgrade isn't a necessity.

parlini 70cc 4 petal red block

21mm intake

21mm delorto carb

techno estoril exhaust-unrestricted

new stuffy crank, seals and bearings

12v stator thingy for better lighting

:0) hoping to get mid 50's with this kit like others i've seen..

I will surf the web for kx80 forks...

That 4 pedal red block is gonna break da bank.

I wouldnt know, it came included in the kit..

Dirty30 Dillon /

Just buy the EBR's, that's what you want.

Unless you can get a nice set of d-bike forks, with all the hardware and brake components for around/under 100, they're not worth it. And either way, you'll be modifying either the forks or the bike.

I never wanted to buy the hydro EBR's, but after my mag's hydros taco'd, I pulled the trigger and won't complain that they fit on super easy, with regular Puch hardware.

That said, I have two sets of k10's, two sets of hydro pitbike forks that will be going on other builds.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account