Completely rebuilt 1975 Casal K166

David Szego /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

1975 Casal K166 2-speed 50cc moped, a beautiful Portuguese-made bike based on the German "Zundapp" engine.

This has been *completely* torn down, and all wearable parts replaced (bearings, washers, shims, brake pads, cables, etc.).

Frame was professionally sandblasted and powder-coated in Harley Davidson "Revenge Cherry", closely matching the original colour.

Tires replaced with Slovakian white-walls, and a chrome rear rack added (from the K168 model).

A pair of orange saddle-bags added for extra 70's glory.

All work has been documented at www.mopedsurgery.com (although I'm still not finished writing up all the articles!)

It's a gorgeous 70's bike, has a great note and doesn't 4-stroke even down a good hill. Gets to 55km/h easily. I've ridden it on a number of hour-long runs with no issues.

$2000 obo, or trade for motorcycle (2cyl/200cc or thereabouts). I'm in Toronto, you can arrange shipping if you're not!

IMG_20140608_205121~01.jpg
IMG_20140608_205424~01.jpg
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account