FS 2001 Avanti Super Sport

Steven Duffy /

2001 Avanti Super Sport - The bike has a problem with the clutch. When you apply the rear brake it kills the motor. I have change the clutch pad and nibs. That didn't help. So I have decides to sell it before putting more into. Has a new and tube on the rear. Bike runs great - carb has been cleaned. Here is what I know the bike needs clutch work,tail light,rear brake light switch and ignition switch(or kill switch). I have over $350.00 in the bike. I would like to get at $325.00. I don't want to part it out. 740-5225192 Great looking bike.

sell 1490.jpg
sell 1489.jpg
sell 1487.jpg

Re: FS 2001 Avanti Super Sport

Princess Rapunzel /

I think that maybe a problem with your wiring rather than something mechanical. Perhaps something not grounded right. On some mopeds if the brake light isn't working it'll kill the spark.

David Gabert /

What Princess says... Nice bike btw! Good luck with selling!

It's probably either your bulb or something in the harness leading to the brake light bulb. Simple fix...they are cool bikes, pretty underrated, I'd hang on to it.

David Backus /

It's the shinning in the clutch. No question. Ha two of these engines and the rubber clutch swells over time. Where are you located? I'm interested.

Steven Duffy /

I should have list that info. I'm in the central part of Ohio.

You've been pm'ed.

Not a clutch issue. Ground wire for the brake light. seen it a miilion and seven times.

its the clutch 100 percent i also have two of these bikes , 2 speed heavy moped very well built and sturdy

i want the fairing

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account