WTB: Garelli Monza GT Rear Seat Cap

Nugston N /

Ive got it "circled" in the pic... I know these are rare so I would be willing to purchase the entire rear fairing/fender if needed. Color does not matter.

thanks

1985 garelli monza gt1.JPG

Re: WTB: Garelli Monza GT Rear Seat Cap

Hey send me a PM. I needed one as well because I had three sets of Monza GT tanks and fairings stolen with my car last winter. I have been slowly making molds of al the pieces and I have the mold for the tail piece finished.

Nugston N /

sent u a pm

My tail cap is pretty banged up too, what are you looking to get for one?

I didn't get to pulling molds this weekend. Ended up rebuilding my GPR instead. Ill try to get to it tonight. Let me pull one to see how much material costs and ill let you know.

Nugston N /

bump, thanks!

Hey Brett pop me one too

Nugston N /

got a little group of Monza GT's here...

I've got TWO myself,BOTH are missing this part.

Nugston N /

Ya hear that, Brett? total need is up to 4 now : ) Let us know when you've got pricing figured out.

I would purchase one just because as well.

OK, well shit. looks like I need to do a small run. Ill keep you guys posted.

Nugston N /

awesome! thanks, Brett.

Brett's the man apparently! we all know it

Alright, pulled a mold of the Monza GT rear fairing this weekend. It worked out pretty well. Their were small imperfections and warping around the edges because I got too excited and didn't wait long enough for it to set up before removing it from the mold. However, as a first try I think it worked pretty well.

The material is plastic resin. I am also going to do a fiber glass version and weigh the pros / cons. The resin isn't cheep but its eaiser to work with then fiberglass.

I modified the design of the fairing slightly. Basically I just maid the attachment tabs super thick, since that is where they break all the time.

Check our the pictures below and let me know what you think.

Lookin good! Nice model~

Nugston N /

absolutely awesome man. I'm rdy to send u cash - resin or fiberglass it does not matter to me.

I'm very impressed Brett so please put me on your list to buy. I'll see what your other stuff is like but the resin looks pretty perfect to me. sand/prime/paint good to go right?

This weekend I am driving out to Colorado Springs to pick up a Subaru Brat, so I will try to do another run sometime this week.

I will also do some numbers on what these things actually cost to make and throw out a price.

Nugston N /

bumping to keep the dream alive..

Nice.

Nugston N /

just got this back from the shop...can't wait for this part to complete the ped

garelli33.JPG

I was in colorado springs this past weekend, and I am traveling again this coming weekend to Louisville for the Bandits wedding. So I will have to apologies that getting more of these made will be a few weeks.

However, I will give a free fairing to the person who has a under seat fairing in good shape and will let me borrow it for a while to make a mold of that part as well.

Nugston N /

not worries about the wait, its not like i can get it from anywhere else.

Ive got the under seat fairings, one side is slightly broken, the other i believe is in good shape. I left them with the moped shop that did the work so I'll pick them up, take a few pics and you can let me know if they will work for you.

Nugston N /

keeping the dream alive..

The dream is still alive. I pulled two more this weekend. the quality is improving with each pull as I figure out the working time and thickness needed or the material. However, I ran out of resin so I need to make a trip to the casting supply place to pick more up.

I have picture which I will post here in a min.

Two more pulls from the Garelli Monza GT rear fairing mold. The quality of the pull is improving as I get to know the working time and limitation of the resin. I would have done more, but I ran out of resin. I will pick up more before the weekend and see how many I can make on Saturday.

I would like to get an accurate count on how many I need to make / what the demand.

I am thinking the price is going to run $70

Also, the first person with really nice under seat fairing, that will let me borrow them to create a mold so I can also replicate those parts, gets a free seat fairing.

Nugston N /

Count me in for 1 rear seat cap.

My side fairings are cracked and shipped on one side..would one good side allow you to make your mold for both sides? If so, i'll pick it up from the shop I left it at and send it to you.

thanks

Terry Charles /

I'm in for a cap and the seat fairing when made ;)

@Nugston,

No, it would be better to get a perfect set. The silicon that I make the molds out of picks up every detail from the part being copied. So if their is a crack, dust, hair, or scratch on the origional it will show up in the end replica. Unless repair it before making the mold, or do work on the pulled part.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account