Buying running ped in chicago

Looking for a reliable running ped in Chicago prefer top tank but doesnt really matter at this point. Open to anything at the moment so post pictures or pm prices with pics whatever you prefer. I want something that requires no work to be done though so keep that in mind easy fixes maybe but nothing thats gonna be a pain in my ass.

Re: Buying running ped in chicago

top tanks in chicago are a pretty penny unless you dont mind spending some cash...

Yea i know i just got ride of my ssxl. Just looking around maybe a stock targa lx or something like that.

Doesnt have to be just open too just looking for something new to toy around with.

Oh title is almost a must i need to get plates.

what color was your ssxl? dammn. I would go to Wills shop on western and armitage. bunch of new Tomos there with titles. amongst other bikes for sale other than the tomos kind.

It was red yellow dot nothing to special nice but a slow poke. And im straight on that im not trying to really pay that much, i know top tanks go for 1500 there and the new tomos i believe are around 1300 if im correct.

1500? I havent seen any that high before. for a kitted or stock top tank non-tomos? I havent seen that much on either end.

I would still stop in Wills shop he will have what you are looking for.

i might stop in this weekend its just what a buddy of mine told me that wills shop is pretty pricy, not bashing MOPED at all if i had the extra cash i would def grab something from them cause i know it would be in tip top order.

assumed you had decent cash to spend since you were looking for a top tank, and a tomos targa with a title will be a little high too in price. get yourself a nice cheap step through, the batavus link below is cheap but out of state. Im sure someone has a cheap step thru in chicago to sell. Try the Chicago moped page

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ChicagoMopeds/

i was willing to spend more if its something i liked i didnt specify price because normally when you tell people what your working with your more prone to getting taken advantage of just my opinion though.

Check on CL for the area

I have been daily

ha not sure you have been talking to, lol.

A step through is what youll be able to afford it seems like.

i have up to 1200 to spend i found some top tanks but they need some work

I never paid no more then 400 for a running top tank, but I used to browse local midwest cities on CL, and scored deals that way. If you don't have transportation, rent something and pick it up. If you want something in the city, your best bet would be going to MOPED.

Steve Dethrow /

Mopeds require work. If you want something u don't need to work on spend the extra cash and get a new one or don't buy a moped.

some work is fine basically running good

but back to the topic whos selling what i open to anythinh as long as its titled and rums

MOPED!!!!! Wow, like if I was looking for a moped I would totally check tha moped shop in my city.....but that's just me

do they barter at this 'MOPED' you speak of?

I'm looking to trade used tennis shoes, hotel soap, or feral cats for a top tank moped in perfect running condition.

I also have the deed to several acres on the moon, but that would have to be trade plus cash.

lmao no trolling please ^but seriously trading a feral cat for complete derbi c5 get at me

ive personally never paid over $300 for any of my top tanks but thats because ive worked on them. Someone who doesnt will have to work on them so buy them cheap and work on it or buy it pricey and ride.

Yeah, check out Will's "M.O.P.E.D." shop, it's on Western and Armitage, near the glowing hotdog place. He does great business, and is always a pleasure to deal or ride with.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account