Sapporo moped fs/ft feeler

So I was one of the people blessed with owning this bike. Unfortunately, I wrecked it about seven months ago [was having too much fun in an industrial center, hit a patch of gravel] and did damage to the bars, grips, and a little to the headlight, and bent the left pedal arm. I loved it, but didn't have the money to make it right. After a few more weeks of riding I put it up for the fall/winter. Decided to work on it a little the last few days, realized everything it needs is actually pretty cheap, but I am a dipshit and thought since it was in my garage I wouldn't need to winterize it. Surface rust is on the pipe and wheels. Not sure how it ate through the chrome so quickly, but oh well. Also the tarp that was on the bike bonded to the paint on the tank a little, so that's gonna need some help.

After some new gas, I took it for a ride, it appeared to ride fine, maybe a little lean due to colder weather than I've run it in, but never stalled on me or anything.

I'm no stranger to restoration projects, but with working on getting a job as a paramedic in Canada and my band, I don't see myself having the time to fix it, and figure it might be better off in someone else's hands who can treat it right.

TLDR: I've got a Sapporo bike that needs some love, probably under 150 dollars and some elbow grease. I don't have the time/energy to fix it right now, this is a feeler for money or trade offers, to a good home. Southwestern VA but if you've got a good reputation I can ship or deliver nearby states.

Pictures incoming.

Re: Sapporo moped fs/ft feeler

Probably Fred /

Under 150.00? how much under will you take? 150.00 seems fair. How much will you add for shipping ?

Jake Shaughnessy /

150 worth of parts to fix it is what he said

Steve Dethrow /

He's saying $150.00 worth of parts to fix it.

He is saying he wants around $2000 for the "rare moped" like every other fuck who got a Sapporo bike does.

George Kalafut /

Sorry if I gave you that impression; not really. It is a damn cool ped and it's still solid, it's just a little worse for the wear right now.

A moped is a moped, this is just a custom moped that looks a little sharper than most.

Kevin Bishop /

pics

Probably Fred /

Oh

Nevermind

Tal Reznikov /

im in northern VA, might be interested after you get some pics up

Send some or post some pics. In curious to see the damage the lil guy got. :(

George Kalafut /

Just tried to get pictures in the garage light, not going well. I'll get some under sunlight tomorrow.

Post a pic and a price.

Kevin Bishop /

tease

I'm in Radford and would be willing to pick it up. I have garelli, tomos, hobbit, and other parts if you are looking for a trade

hahaha $3500

I couldn't help myself, I had to send him a "fuck off" message.

Sons of GROMarchy /

Ryan N. Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> hahaha $3500

George Kalafut /

Wow, that's a strange coincidence. But no, I'm not planning on getting stupid amounts for this bike. I don't really know what I'd take, that's why this is a feeler.

George Kalafut /

Well fuck I can't edit the first post.

Here's photo's:

Was this under water in the ocean perhaps?

George Kalafut /

Sure looks like it, doesn't it? =[ But no, the bike has never left Roanoke, VA. The only time it's been near water was puddles downtown. Wish I had some way of proving that to you.

Some speakers I left out there this winter, the screws are all rusted too. It happens a lot faster than I figured, maybe due to our high humidity?

I never heard of humidity causeing rust... /s

George Kalafut /

I can save you the time of thinking I'm some scam artist with some simple logic: the rust goes all the way around the wheels, but the engine still runs, and well. There's no rust on the frame. If this was flooded high enough to cover the entire wheels the engine would've been flooded. If I knew how/had time to fix a flooded engine I wouldn't be selling it because I'd feel more comfortable fixing the rest of it.

Hope that makes you feel better? (edited)

Really cool bike.I always wanted one with they had the contest.A little steel wool,and blue magic, and that chrome will clean up nice.

Humidity destroys things in the south, and yes Virginia is in the South and rather humid. Here in Alabama, if you don't polish and protect your chrome and other exposed metals, it will look like the rusty bits on this bike in less than 5 years. It's a constant battle, and anyone in the south would look at this bike and know it's not "that bad".

Every thing metal I own is rusted thanks to this climate, well except for the aluminum bits of course.

What do you want for the bike? I am passing through next week and may be able to help you out.

Man that sucks. Did you just not give a shit about this cool bike?

I hope someone buys it and gives it the care it deserves.

Tank looks like it was shat on.

1 dollar bob, no actually 650.

George Kalafut /

Like I said in the top post, I do really care about the bike, I just didn't know HOW to care for it, so I want someone who will take care of it to take it.

As for what I'll take for it, like I said, I dunno, this is a feeler for offers. Feel free to PM me to discuss more details on that if you want.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account