Wtb Moby top end, av10 or av7

So I don't have enough struggles and moments of ripping my hair out,

Thusly I'm thinking of building up my moby.

I could do either an av10 or av7 top end, as I plan on using av10 cases and would just seal off the av7 intake if I had to.

Id prefer a larger than stock bore, but I'll take a stock bore if it's in good shape. Let me know what you have. I'd even take a slow 50cc jug, as long as you have a decent piston that fits. Dump your old topend on meh. Thx!

Re: Wtb Moby top end, av10 or av7

NEMA Victor (3 Knees Down) /

The av7 cylinder is completely different than the av10. Sealing off the intake would most likely not work. I have a soft seized Polini w 50cc cylinder that I could sell to you. It's cleaned up and works, you just need a piston and ring for it. A lot cheaper and much better than any av10 70cc motor you'll find...

But it would work.... Don't say things wouldn't work just because you never tried it....

I said most likely, never said it wouldn't! It's off topic, but I think the time and effort is better spent on fully going to an av10 setup IMHO.

Why split hairs when you don't know? I just get folks so often on MA offering their "advice" on something they have no experience in. If you ain't never tried it, you don't know. So shhhhhh.... "most likely" " pretty sure" bleh.

I can probably get a very cheap used Moby top end, and mod it to my needs. It won't be a polini, but it sure is fun to turn a 25mph cyl into a 45mph cyl, and totally doable. Not looking for a 55mph blaster, just looking for a gas sipping 45mph Moby with good low end.

Just because I didn't document it anywhere, doesn't mean I haven't tried it...

Well anyway, I'm assuming with a larger than stock bore, you mean something like 70cc, that's not very gas sipping either.

i like waffles /

sweet vic, how did you go about blocking off the intake port?

No onto something relevant i have a cylinder and a piston you can have for the cost of shipping JBOT. av7, think it was the 20mph version. will look at the condition and get back to you.

I was debating on doing the av7 kit on av10 cases too. Remember to watch out for the boost ports on the av10 cases.

I have an av10 airsal 70cc cylinder for sale, no piston, and little smear on the cylinder wall. I can get pictures if you want.

I think blocking off the intake would work. Hell you could even drill through the cylinder base and use the av7 intake as a boost port if you blocked off the intake.

Remember moped tuning started out with shit like that many years ago. People would do whatever to get more power and learn what worked and what didn't... Just like we do now.

i like waffles /

i was just being sarcastic because i know vic didnt actually do that.

But was serious about giving JBOT that other stuff, dude does some sweet shit like that homemade cdi. Thats an interesting idea aaron, who knows what awesomeness could come from it?!

i like waffles Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> i was just being sarcastic because i know vic

> didnt actually do that.

;)

I got a moby topend, unused, but no piston. you can have it for 20 bucks.

Do it Do it!!! ROAR!!!! BUMP!

I got a 70c parma, no piston, $30 shipped pm or email me

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account