Hey guys,

So I have a puch maxi mk2

I've put a kit on it

It's at 64cc hitting 55+mph

Dellorto carb

Aerosal cylinder

Fuego exhaust

And other perks to make it look nice.

I was wondering what a bike with these specifications would run for? I've had some people ask me about and I'm not really sure, but I did put a pretty penny into it. Feedback would be great, thanks

Re: Puch maxi mk2 1978

Do you mean a magnum mk2? There is no such thing as a mkii maxi unless you mean N. If its a magnum I'm interested if you are selling.

^That's not true. The Maxi Sport MKII was a Maxi with a ZA50. I almost bought one of these. Read the wiki article on Maxis, google it, they're all over the place.

Pics will help.

Sarah DiMartile /

It won't let me attach pictures from my phone. You can see it on Facebook.com/dimartile - prices??

55mph=$1000 here in L.A.

Sarah DiMartile /

I dunno, with what I've put into it I'd say at least $1200

As Mel suggests, location plays a big part in price. Also, it might not be realistic to expect to get back every penny you put into it. I'm in Chicago and I just paid under $1K for a 45mph Cobra (not a Magnum, but a top tank Puch nonetheless, more valuable than a Maxi in the eyes of many) and the guy I bought it from said he had significantly more than that into it. I believe him given the spec of the bike, but also think I paid a fair price and wouldn't have paid much more.

If you live in a state where a title is required for registration, a title in hand bumps up the value of your bike somewhat.

i've looked through half of your 5 million photos on facebook and don't see a moped.

without photos i'd say under 800.

Overpriced Parts /

Sadly a unmolested stock maxi MKll will go for more money.

There is very few builders in this forum I would buy a kitted MKll from cause it would have much not correct (High timing, poor or none case match, not flipped clutches, leaky seals, noisy bearings, gearing too low, no needle crank, and or worn crank bushing, bad head temps, hacked wiring and bad jetting )

And in your neck of the woods 500.00 for a nice stock bike would be prolly hard to get.

Sell the parts off and put back to stock cause chances are its a grenade anyway and sell as stock then sell off the parts.

I got several puch magnums with za50s some bored for 80cc rebuilt with needle cranks, Gila and polini kits, custom intakes, big carbs, custom gears, big pipes bla bla that I got 17-2,000.00 bucks into each. I know if I sell them I will not get what I put into them even though they are done correctly.

I would prolly have to put them back to stock to sell them and sell off the parts too

ps what did you spend 1200 on? fuego exhausts and 65cc airsal kits are cheapo. not sure what dellorto you have but that doesn't cost much either.

Sarah DiMartile /

Brand new everything... I wanted it to be new and fresh. I'm not going to sell it though. Just curious... I'll be putting more money into him this winter anyhow. He looks damn good.

Probably 700-900 if the bike is in really good shape. A stock maxi can get 4-600 around her if it is in great shape

It always costs more to build up a good ped than it's worth. Keep it and enjoy it!!

I love how some random dude with 68 posts is trying to tell you that your bike doesn't exist. Great job dude, you should be a teacher or something.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account