Valmobile Folding Scooter- Maryland

Valmobile Valmobile /

I have a 1960s Valmobile foldable 49cc scooter for sale. The bike runs and drives.

The Valmobile has a Moto Minarelli carb on it which is not original. It also has an aftermarket fuel tank and is missing one of the side panels (right side). Some of these modifications prevent the scooter from being foldable in it's current state. There is a bend in the frame on the front right, but it does not appear to impact function.

I just replaced the rear suspension bands, drive belt, throttle cable, fuel line/filter, and rebuilt the carb. I also dissembled and lubed the moving parts of the bike.

The bike needs a little TLC but its at a great starting point for a restoration project.

Asking $1250. I would prefer a local sale near Baltimore, Maryland. I can be contacted at gboardma at yahoo dot com. More pictures and video available upon request.

Thanks!

IMAG0306.jpg
P8140248.JPG
P8140260.JPG

Re: Valmobile Folding Scooter- Maryland

Somebody call the Price Police, help!

2 dollars.

Folding bike don't fold.

not stock carb..or this or that, $1250 for a milk crate with wheels, bent frame... go home.

Where do these people come from, and their $1500 Magdumbs with gas stained tanks.

someones been watching too much American Pickers

there was a mint running one at the stowe vt swap meet the guy wanted $850 and hes been trying to sell it for 10 years

they are pretty neat but i dont think they are worth that much

it is a way better design than the diblasi though

Those kinds of bikes were fun when cops didn't give 2 fucks about kids riding them around just having fun. They are not street legal, can't be ridden on a sidewalk, and useless off road (unless in your nice smooth grassy yard). So whats the fucking point?

Valmobile Valmobile /

Thanks for the input on the pricing here guys. Looking around a bit, I knew you could trusted on for honesty!

It was hard for me to price something like this since there are so few available. There are two other similar bikes on craigslist , one for $4000 and another for $2500. These are both in the Mid-Atlantic and the fact that multiple Valmobiles are currently available appears to be quite an anomaly. This was the reason for my starting price point, though I understand that asking price on craigslist does not equal fair market value. I have had the bike for about 20 years. Does anybody have any idea of how many of these bikes were imported?

Aaron Pusher Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Those kinds of bikes were fun when cops didn't

> give 2 fucks about kids riding them around just

> having fun. They are not street legal, can't be

> ridden on a sidewalk, and useless off road (unless

> in your nice smooth grassy yard). So whats the

> fucking point?

the valmobile is street legal just like any other scooter its not a goped stand on type

Valmobile Valmobile Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Thanks for the input on the pricing here guys.

> Looking around a bit, I knew you could trusted on

> for honesty!

>

> It was hard for me to price something like this

> since there are so few available. There are two

> other similar bikes on craigslist , one for $4000

> and another for $2500. These are both in the

> Mid-Atlantic and the fact that multiple Valmobiles

> are currently available appears to be quite an

> anomaly. This was the reason for my starting price

> point, though I understand that asking price on

> craigslist does not equal fair market value. I

> have had the bike for about 20 years. Does anybody

> have any idea of how many of these bikes were

> imported?

the prices people have for their stuff on craigslist in not real world prices

the valmobile isnt that rare on a bike especially on the easy coast i have seen thousands of them but i also go to the shows and swap meets where people have all kinds of stuff like that

No fucking way is that street legal and if it is I would catch hell from the local cops. I could probably ride it to the gas station bit anything more than that and I would get pulled and ticketed for sure.

if it was street legal in the 60s its street legal today it dont matter much what cops think cause they dont make the laws it maybe a bit unsafe but its grandfathered in

like a 1902 oldsmobile is about the most unsafe vehicle anyone could ever drive but its 100% street legal today

they cant unlegal a vehicle that was sold as a road going vehicle the valmobile was sold in the 60s as a road going vehicle

theres a lot of people that will argue over the legalness of a diblasi and i actually seen a heated argument in florida between an old man and a cop cause he was riding down the street on a diblasi with a new york plate on it

the cop kept calling it a pocket bike ofcourse i didnt stick around to see what the outcome was

Reminds me of the mini Indian on Pawn Stars a couple of years back. Dumped over 6 grand into it on a restoration and the guy says you will have no problem selling this for $7300. It's still sitting in the shop you can see it in the background once in a while. After that show people were putting those Indians on ebay trying to get crazy money for them, lol.

whats it look like...like...a side view?

this is the original one but they were also licensed out to other companies

my friend has one of these the centuar folding scooter which is the American version powered by a 50cc clinton engine

they are actually really cool little scooters but not for what people think they are worth

ok the Valmobile looks awesome folded up. I love the metal sidecovers but its still a crazy scoot.

oh its crazy and really unstable to ride they handle a bit better than a pocket bike

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account