FS: Puch ZA50 Engine Parts, clutches and stuff

Had an extra engine in awesome shape except for a bent connecting rod so sacrificing it for the masses! Cheap!!

Puch Parts

Re: FS: Puch ZA50 Engine Parts, clutches and stuff

"Cheap"

haa, how close to a full engine is all that stuff man?

Looks like it's just missing the ZA flywheel.

lol i would have bought the whole thing if it wasn't in pieces....

A bottom end for $200 with a bad crankshaft?

Fuck yeah lol.

If you post something up complete everybody wants a part. If you post up parts everyone wants it complete.

hah. So whatever.

I have about five or six spare za engines. This one had a bent connecting rod so no reason to keep it in one piece.

awe jake. Unwad your panties and check back to reality.

This is how life works.

If you buy a car it costs $20,000

If you buy the parts and build a car it costs $60,000

If you need a za second gear clutch you buy one for $20 and it's cheap. You don't buy a whole engine for $150.

Surely you don't need lessons in how the world works?

lol

that starter clutch cable assembly is mine...

so dont nobody bid on it, ya hear?

Bump for Tim. Great guy - bought two bikes from this guy and helped another happen. Buy some parts y'all!

Also, tim, if you ever see that mkii that you sold my room mate, it was stolen last semester, so grab that shit up! There's a police report on it in ktown

no shit! Did he have it locked up? That sucks; it was a really nice bike.

How's the UPS project going?

I'll keep my eyes out for it and let people know.

Had a lock, but it was a joke. Coulda cut through it with harbor freight bolt cutters.

Ups is getting a stupid e50. HPI internal rotor, Malossi reed block with carbon, 17phbg, polini 64, homoet 6p, 3 shoe korado clutch, roller crank and new bearings. Should be at nashville next year. Decided to go rat style and run it and I'll fix it up nice when I can find a z50 to throw a gila on.

My patience is expended with za's for the next couple months, so an e50 is in order.

Also, the general is a fucking boss. Runs 42 and never breaks down. Rode dubs on it in ATL this weekend.

also, BUY TIM'S SHIT GUYZ get yer za's runnin

Oh man. I'm so disapointed in you. An e50?

haha.

Actually I just helped a friend build a kick start e50 polini for a maxi and it doesn't feel as 'sophisticated' as the ZA but that thing was SO EASY to put together and the over-all power is fairly good.

Right now I'm rebuilding a Monza 4-speed motor which is a bit of an adventure. There are about 30 loose needle bearings in that motor. Crazy.

yeah your general is sweet. That'll probably last forever.

Tim will you please pull the brass bushing from the clutch bell, mic the outside diameter, and give me that measurement? Apparently they come in two sizes. Also number of gear teeth, just in case. thanks

Mel, you can't swap those bushings between cranks. I've tried. It works for a little while but then they just slip and stop working. Loctite, center punches - nothing works. Maybe you'll have better luck.

I've been trying to get paz at 1977 to make some more since they have them made for their performance cranks but that was over a year ago.

I hope I'm privledged enough to be blasted by your monza... seems like I remember hearing you had one of those things now... Is there a build thread/blog for it?

16 teeth

a.JPG
b.JPG
c.JPG

Ryan,

Are you sure the bushings are supposed to be stationary?

The clutch bell has three oil passages (holes). The bushing has two offset holes.

This would lead to the theory that the bushing, crank and bell are supposed to ride independantly of one another.

You sure it's not that you are putting too little tranny fluid in there?

:)

2ryan; what I need is the clutch bell. I just bought and installed a new 77 performance crank but forgot to mic the bushing. Well, of coarse, my clutch bell is the 1% that fits the smaller(9.5mm) bushing. So now Ineed the one Tim has. And no, I'm not the Monza guy, but I do hope to blast you with this build someday! @Tim; I'd like to buy that bell now without Ebay, can we work it? To speed up my build.

tim, check my out sequince post, in case you missed it (edited)

clutch bell sold

@mel - The smaller bushings are better because they have an oil pump underneath the second speed drive plate/starter clutch plate that supplies oil to the bushing/bell.

@ Tim - That brass bushing should be fixed on the crank. There are generally three holes in the crankshaft - two for oiling and one for a punch to hold the thing from spinning. I've run them like that before but it makes me nervous. They're supposed to be stationary.

@ryan, thanks for the info but I already bought and installed a new 77 crank with the large one

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account