Wtb pa 50 2 intake manifold

See my moped performance topic for why, that I just posted.

Re: Wtb pa 50 2 intake manifold

Beard Road Bruiser (SoB) /

I have one. 15 bucks shipped?

Super! It's a deal I will pm u my email and send me a PayPal request!

Let me know u got the pm. I'm not sure if I did it right!

- Summerai - Drew /

That was a waste of money.

Why may I ask?

- Summerai - Drew /

Cause that II intake is still going to need some opening up. I think its only 13mm. Should have just kept yours and matched it to the size of your new carb. (edited)

I totally get what you are saying but I want to see for myself what incremental gains I can achieve so that it will be instructive to me.

One further thought, the reduction of the intake to 10 mm is not unique to Honda in their attempt to limit the speed of their product so as to squeak by is regulations. Vespa did the same thing on their bravo is model. The difference with thenhondamis that the intake is not machined into the case and is easily modified. The Vespa requires the case to be drilled out to 13 mm. Geez isn't this a bit simpler! Bolt on a new intake, sure it isn't 16 mm like the carb but that doesn't necessarily work . There is a point ofmdiminishingnreturnsmwithout serious case matching and intake porting. Increasing themdiametermofnthenintake by over 50 percent is kinda a no brainier. Increasing it by a factor of 2.5 is a different thing. Do you think that a motor putting out 1.5 up can actually go to 3.75 hp without major other changes? I'm thinking there is much more happening!

- Summerai - Drew /

I agree

- Summerai - Drew /

Even more true

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account