wtb: derbi flat reed variator nut and cooling fan

Anyone have a Derbi flat reed variator nut and cooling fan laying around?

Re: wtb: derbi flat reed variator nut and cooling fan

bump

the fan isn't necessary, it does look cool though.

the variator nut... you will have a hard time finding that I am sorry to say. if I come across one I will throw it your way.

if could probably make on real quick if you let me know what the thread and pitch are.

naz i have one i can send you to copy

Ooh I would want one.. or even two.

me too, so I can send you one that is kinda mangled but the threads are still good, I just have no clue what size it is. I can try and find out.

Actually, I think I have one. So no need to send one to me just contact me with your info etc and I'll try and send some out to folks. I might need to order some tooling so that will slow down the turn around, fyi.

-naz

I'd be down for two as well. I'm missing one, and dang I could use another.

The variator nut for most is 36x1, fine thread

the internal nut (attaches to crank) is also fine thread + has a rubber o ring in the middle on flat reed

I have an extra variator nut 36mm but still would like another small nut for the piston port clutch bell (15mm x 1)

rare nuts

I have made one by using a 3/8" allthread coupling(Home Depot). You can drill out the coupling using a drill press and an 11/32" drill bit.(closest American size availible) Once that is done, you need to purchase a 10mmx 1mm left hand tap.(ebay,cheap!!!) Tap out the threads and it works great!!! I just thought that maybe someone had a spare nut and fan that they would be willing to part with. Hope this helps those in need.

http://www.onlinemetals.com/merchant.cfm?id=12&step=2&top_cat=1

I was just going to use some stainless hex bar to make them so they would be little bit different then stock and use the 10mm x 1mm left hand tap. Also cut the o-ring grove in on the lathe. Anyways doing all the operations on the lathe shouldn't take long so they will be pretty cheap.

-naz

I'm in.

me too

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account