For Sale - 60.4cc Batavus m48

Last year's fastest m48 is now up for grabs. Now that I've upgraded to 98cc, this 60.4cc m48 is too slow for me. This is a 45+ MPH motor (with the correct carb and pipe of course). The reed block has dual carbon reeds. The intake is made for a clamp-on 17.5 PHBG. The kit is a re-machined Puch DMP (Treat's) 70cc kit. The case sides have been filled in order to match the transfers. The clutch has been lightened slightly by replacing the plain steel bearings with stainless. This motor was pushing my bike into the low 60s at the end of last summer. [Full disclosure: I was using an 8 speed Sturmey Archer internally geared hub, but I never got the bike past 4th gear]

Now available for the paltry sum of $100

Re: For Sale - 60.4cc Batavus m48

What crank is inside this bad boy, and what ignition set up do i need to slap on it to make it work.

Stock Laura crank. Stock points will work. I used a PowerDynamo but any keyless Puch ignition will work as well.

WOW you trusted that stock crank at 60mph. Brave man. Ok Walt you have yourself a deal.

Mitchell Taylor /

What's shipping to Nashville, TN?

damn Brett, too bad you can't make it to the rally this year in CoMo i'd love to see that thing in action.

Is this spoken for??? If not, I'd love to have it. Shipping to 55106 please.

If no one beat me to it I'll take it! ship to 32601

Still waiting for money from Brett. If he flakes out, I'll run down the list in order of response.

Walt you should have the money.

Sold

geez.....i've been missing out on all the fast bat stuff lately. this would have been nice with the m48 estoril pipe that was sold here the other day.

dibs on the 98cc next year!

would you be kind enough to share with us what you had to do to build this motor??

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account