OT: MB5 - 6 speed conversion $110 shipped!!

Timmy Southpark /

I have a tranny from a 1980 Honda CR80. The crank is seized but the tranny appears to be in good condition. I pulled the cover off to inspect the clutch and discovered the basket had some breaks. I replaced the clutch housing with an Mb5 basket which is basically the same basket, still fits the extra clutch disc CR80's had. I have done this conversion before, my bike shifts through all gears great. This is everything you need to swap into your MB5 motor. Just pull the internal gear clusters out and swap these in. You will use your MB5 balancing gear, crank shaft, and I believe the shifter shaft. I recommend you take a pic of every step to ensure you remember how it went together. I have some pics I can send to guide the rebuild.

$110 shipped to your door. i will reinstall the engine side cover prior to shipping to protect the tranny. I ship UPS and will give a tracking number. Emails please!

CR-GT-TS 003.JPG
CR-GT-TS 004.JPG
CR-GT-TS 005.JPG

Re: OT: MB5 - 6 speed conversion $110 shipped!!

Timmy Southpark /

bump

Beard Road Bruiser (SoB) /

Any chance you can email me the pics you have to help with he conversion? I have an 82 CR80 bottom end in the barn that's in pieces that I am hoping to put in my MB5 motor.

Glen Kuykendall /

Wish I had the $ to spend right now but... I actually bought a transmission set from a "1980 CR80" off this site last year, however it did not fit in my MB5 cases as it must have actually come from the wrong year bike. It did fit sort of but the largest gear would rub the cases inside. That said, next time I'm buying a complete serial number verified bottom end next time to make sure I'm getting the correct parts. (edited)

Timmy Southpark /

It's gotta be years 1980 to 1982 to fit. This is the right tranny.

Terry Charles /

dibs - jesse

Timmy Southpark /

nothing final yet, still for grabs.

thats crazy money

i got 50 for it

Timmy Southpark /

thats crazy offer

i got nothing for you

Chris Ketterer /

Bump for a good seller!

Timmy Southpark /

pending sale

SOLD!

Timmy Southpark /

SOLD!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account