WTB: 50v moby to go in a 78 motobecane.

i have a good line on a roller and it needs a motor... i don't want to buy the ped until i know the availability of a complete motor, carb,intake,exhaust ect... i was offered one from a member for 120 shipped and let it get away because i got a crush on another ped and it was sold out from under me.. so now im back to plan B... let me know what ya got and where you are.. my zip is 48348 thanks

Re: WTB: 50v moby to go in a 78 motobecane.

you mean you want an AV7 engine?

hell .... i dont know what the fuk i want... im getting frusterated at this point... i searched AV7 in the wiki and couldnt come up with anything...maybe i need to give this a break and let my eyes straighten out again... all this looking shit up and different opinions is crossing my eyes... where can i learn about the AV7? i have seen it listed in wiki somewhere, is it a Puch motor. i looked under the motobecane in the wiki.. maybe i over looked it.. fml

AV7 is the standard motor that came on the Motobecane 50V's, and it's not a Puch engine. They can vary based on the cylinder porting and carb/intake but they are pretty much all the same.

let me get this straight, an AV7 is the same as a 50v or was the 50v superior to the AV7 as you called it "Standard" i made an offer on the roller and he accepted. i am going to pick it up in a couple minutes. you may have seen my post with the pic in it if not here it is. the cover says 50v moby so i thought i would seek that motor to make it half ass correct. either way, half the battle is over, i have a roller in an hour or so and with no motor in it, i can take my time spit shining the bitch until i find the motor and learn more about them... there is no real rush but i am itching to get greasy, all my other bikes (dirt and road) have all been gon through recently and i need a project. thanks for your help everyone !

motobecane.jpg

AV7 is the motor name

50V is the model name

thank you for clearing that up for me... some what... 50v is the model of the ped and it has a AV7 motor "stock" in it... correct?

YES

So many numbers to learn.....lol... I'll get it sooner or later... thanks.!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account