WANTED: a sport moped without engine and/or without wheels

I like the puch magnum and the jawa ultra sport. The Yamaha Rd50mx is pretty sweet too. I'm sort of against anything with an open top (girl bike) because I need stealthy way to cover and protect the batteries and electronics.

I'm doing an electric conversion because my electric bicycle is pushing 2000 miles at 40mph and I'm looking for a change. With my current powertrain in a 16" wheel at 100V, I will see 0-45mph times of under 5 seconds. To 22mph in 1.7seconds.

Any and all recommmendations are welcome.. Aside from a motorcycle. I'm looking to work with what I have.. And I plan on building some solid wheels.

Thanks, guys. (and thanks, lafayettis for the awesome ride!)

Re: WANTED: a sport moped without engine and/or without wheels

Stepthrough bikes are not girl bikes. Magnums will run ya $1000 and jawa ultrasports are rare as shit.

I know theyre not girl bikes but they were referred as "girl bikes" in the wiki.

I'm not looking for a complete bike.. I'm going t end up powdercoating it after I make some modifications to the frame. My budget is $500 without wheels, any engine components, pedals, ectc. I am interested in a bike that has working or easily serviceable hydraulic suspension. If not, I'm going to install my own. (edited)

Christian Giron /

PM the dude that was selling this. Looks like it didn't part out much.

https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/read.php?2,2948660,2948660#msg-2948660

Christian Giron /

I have a peugeot frame.. roller? variated is the best to use when doing them electro conversion. (edited)

Jeremy Templeman /

I have an MB5 basket case. It isn't exactly a moped. But it is fairly sporty. I have everything you'd need. The engine is toast.

What you call "girl bike" we call step through. You can just cut a hole in any tank, step through or not to hide electronics.

Anyway I have a step through Peugeot frame you can have for $50. I is the complete frame, forks, swing arm, all that, no engine no wheels. It would have to be shipped, and that would have to be arranged and paid for by you. I'm in 95820.

Salsa Salsa /

You want a rare top tank tp cut the tank up?

WEll, variated stuff would all be removed. it's a hub motor that is direct drive, so there is no gear reduction. wheel size and voltage is the only way to gear it.

diggin the MB5.. tell me more:

Just saw some of your posts.. yours looks the same. I don't know the retail on it though. I would probably have you drop the engine for weight reduction for shipping... and maybe the rear wheel as well and anything related to the ICE. Cool bike. I live in Indiana. :) probably $100 to ship a moped super slow.

Again, I am very inclined to get an MB5 now. If anyone knows of bikes similar to it in style and function, throw them at me (Yamaha RD50MX for example)

thanks

bump

Re: WANTED: AR80 or MB-5 type bikes

Doing some research still.. let me know what you got

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account