1979 Malaguti Commuter Partout (Morini MO2)

This bike was outside at a campground for years, so the parts listed here require work! Brillo pads and PB Blaster brand Blaster for days. Prices are a little flexible.

MO2 As seen in pictures, this one has a rare feature, it comes with a convenient carrying handle!

Previous owner told me it was just seized from sitting, but from looking at the rust on the flywheel side it looks like this motor will need a full rebuild. Complete though, as seen in the pics. $75 Shipped

Rims

There isn't any significant damage to the rims I can see, wheels come with the hardware seen in the picture, just understand that the parts are FROZEN. The wheels did NOT turn when they were on the bike. Tires are junk and do not hold air. $35 Shipped Each OR $60 Shipped for Both

Gas Tank

This is what happens when you don't put a gas cap on your bike before you store it outside, comes with probably bad petcock. $20 Shipped

What's left of this Dellorto 14.12 Carb $15 Shipped

Frame, local pickup on this one, willing to sell parts off of (swingarm, kickstand, fender, forks, etc) just rusty and not pretty. NO SHIPPING. $50

I don't have a reputation as a seller here on MA yet, but I can promise you good communication as well as tracking for all the packages. Some other odds and ends from this bike might be available, feel free to ask here, PM, or email.

Re: 1979 Malaguti Commuter Partout (Morini MO2)

Hey man what would you want for the frame/swingarm and the tank?

Was about to PM, but responded to your email instead, thanks!

Will you sell flywheel only ?

Sorry, missed your post, subscribed to my own thread so I shouldn't miss any future ones. As of right now I'd like to keep the engine whole, but will update if I decide to tear down the MO2.

All emails and PM's responded to.

If you part it out, I'd love the clutch cable guide that screws into the clutch housing! Thanks.

I would be interested in the top end dont need head.

cylinder piston clips and wrist pin.

thanks

Good News! Originally everyone who showed interest flaked so as of 9/24/12 ALL parts are available.

I will start taking apart the motor tomorrow, will post pictures of the top end. It might be a few days before I can get my hands on my friend's Morini flywheel puller, will update this thread again tonight. (edited)

I'm still needing that clutch cable guide! Just give me a price. I'd like to get mine back on the road!

was this in some video on youtube? looks familiar.

Michael Gutierrez /

Travis, if your parting out the engine I would like to purchase the starting disk.

Mo2 Start Disk parts.jpg

Yep, I've started to part the engine - began to disassemble last night. The top end is stuck hard, I've some penetrating oil on it right now, so I'd be willing to sell it, but I highly doubt the piston is any good and the cylinder would definitely need at least a honing before use.

Haha, and yes this was in a video on my YouTube channel - it's looking like the frame is going to be used for a rat ped project.

Thanks Mike, I've responded to your PM. I'd like to get the flywheel off but I don't have a puller, will be about a week until I can get one.

Also tomorrow morning I leave for a 5 day canoeing trip with no internets.

Michael Gutierrez /

Travis I just got my mo2 parts in the mail from you and I must say you were a lifesaver. Thanks for taking the engine apart and sending me the starting assembly parts I needed. Great price and fast shipping and more importantly Great communication. Thanks for the call, its experiences like this that make me really value Moped army.

Thank you for the shout out Mike! Started tearing into the engine, sold the starting disc and some hardware, most everything else is still available.

Hey Travis,

Still have the rear fender? How much rust does it have if you've got it?

The Reverend Defecator /

I'll tell you guys I've been kicking some rust's ass with Evaporust, I've had a scaley heavily rusted rear Garelli sprocket soaking for 2 wks and it is almost new looking !! You can bring this shit back to life if you want to spend the $ on the Evaporust. A bit of wire brushing in conjunction went a looong way too. So I guess what I'm saying is BUY Travis' parts !

Haha thanks for the plug Chap! I've actually had really good success with Evaporust as well with moped gas tanks. That all being said I'm not trying to hide anything with this sale; this bike was obviously left outside and if you're building a ratped or a "whatever it's a moped" moped, then you'll be set. If you're doing a full restoration of a Malaguti then you'll have your work cut out for you.

I should be able to get some pictures of the rear fender tomorrow so you can see for yourself, this sale is still going, please feel free to make me offers. I can also bring things to Chad Burke's Build and Gather.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account