Motron restore just finished

Ron Chappell /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

and it does not want to run well with the airbox on it. It's a screamer with just the mesh filter on but won't top out or idle with the air box on. It's a stock V1 with a new 38.8 piston, rings and honed cylinder with about 5 miles on it. I'm running the stock 52 jet (30mph model model) but I'm at nearly 5000 ft alt. here. Obviously it's not getting enough air to match the jet at this altitude with the box on. Also I have to turn the idle screw all the way in to get a smooth idle. I'm running a pretty heavy oil mix until I get this new ring/cyl setup broke in. I see now why people like these little Italian two strokes - it hits 36mph before break-in - I expect it will do better later. My question is: should I get a aftermarket cone filter? ...and whats up with the idle?

IMG_2705.JPG
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account