Re: WTT lots of moped stuff for motorcycle project?

well if you dont ask the answer is always no. and if splitting up the big ticket items, based on maker, would make it easier to sell then putting all the miscellaneous stuff with the big parts that arn't in one of the main groups, you could take the money and buy a good parts bike off craigslist, or a full built one. thats why i asked for all 3 of the Big garelli items together. i thought you might be willing if its just a reach, grab and go instead of sorting through stuff.

looking down the list, not including the miscellaneous stuff at the end, it looks like if you were to split it up itd be worth about 4200, 4500 if your good. Unless you were to fix the peds and sell them by themselves then probably a little 6000. depending if you have all the parts to do it, it might be worth a weeks work to make that extra 1.5 to 2.5 grand.... afterall just taking the basket case moped there average it around 300 apart it jumps to around 6 when put together and running right? By the way thats not including what you put on your later post.

anyway, good luck, and i think we'd all like to know what kind of motorcycle you get when you do.

Patrick Keaton /

I got a project MB5 for sale and/or trade. I am in Jacksonville,Florida. I do not need all the items you have up for trade, but you may trade it all to me , if you must get rid of it all.

No interest in an mb5.

Michael, I'm just giving this a go because I'm too lazy to split up and ship. Ive been getting back into vintage bikes, and figured someone might have something laying around. At some point I will break the stuff up and sell individually, but I'm too busy right now.

i completely understand, and after realizing where you live i realized itd be hell to ship anyway. but like i said in the first sentence, if you dont ask, the answer is always no. and adage from my father.

emailed i just also ran across a 60's bsa but its a basket case with 2 engines

This would be cool to buy if you just sold iff some stuff and won the auction... 1954 Horex Regina

fine. everything is for sale. make me offers. only to my email, please, no PMs.

The metra a55 is spoken for, by the gentleman that sold it to me, as well as the disc front end.

all of the new stuff id like to get 75% of the original price for, but im negotiable.

the cobra id like to get 600 for.

everything else, just make offers and we can talk.

im bad at shipping. i wont take your money until the stuff is ready to go out, but i dont have much time for packing things.

last one...

ar80!

I have an xs650 basketcase with title. $5000 in new parts.

NOS still-in-the-box xs750 tank

Extended and braced swingarm

Extra original swingarm.

Rebuilt forks with billet brace

New clip-ons and controls

All new cables

New sprockets and chain.

New Buchanan stainless spokes

New aluminum rims

New tires and tubes

New shocks

Ceramic coated X-pipe exhaust

Lots more...

The only parts needed are a seat and throttle. If I could get $1200 on top of your parts I'd be happy. I have family in the PGH area. We could swap everything within a month or so.

mr snuffalufagis /

is this an email, i hate internet. anyway i offered my 60's honda dream. ill offer that, my 68' rotary valve kawasaki bushwhacker 175, my 76' yamaha gt80 enduro, and both my yj1k's (1 from 64 and 1 from 65) parts bikes. thats all 5 of my motorcycles/enduros. none run. projects, but ill do it for some mopeds man. its an offer. i really want the monzas, anything italian really. in elkhart by motion left in goshen.

I got a Kawasaki kz750m

trying again. splitting the stuff up just isnt worth the time. offer me any bike with some value to it. email me.

I know a guy that has a ural (1950's) that he put together and had running (need finalization and other work) if you're into a 750cc boxer style shaft drive engine that is... plunger suspension, etc, looks great, doesn't go fast, heavy as hell, and has extra parts (almost enough for another bike i think)... and he has a ton of basket case/parts for planetta motorcyces

if you're into russsian bikes, i could get you in touch with him, he might do a trade,

same guy also has sitting around a suzuki t500 he's been restoring but sometimes tells me he might end up selling it...

a go kart frame that's more sand rail than go kart

basically, alot of toys that he just never concentrates on one thing and finishes, lol

he also has a twingle engine (250cc) that is not siezed, but likely needs the electrics gone through i keep telling him to post stuff on here...

I've got a 1966 Benelli 125 4 speed in boxes... 2 stroke, wards riverside.

NOS akront rim

NOS first over piston

cylinder needs overbore and bike needs a lot of work. rims need rebuild, motor needs to be bored and put back together but it's all there.

Had some guy wanting to drive from atlanta to knoxville to pick it up for $500, but I don't think it's worth that much. Would be interested in vespa stuff.

Can box and ship - it's already in pieces.

no dirtbikes? quads? dual sports?

well, i tried.

modern bikes?

Want an AR 80?

Michael Thomas /

Hey Ben,

I am an hour north and may be intersted in driving down and picking up a few things. That way you won't have to ship and continue being lazy. Would that be OK?

not really interested in an ar80. and id rather keep the stuff together just in case someone has something good to trade someday.

Worth a shot, the ar is fun but I've got my eyes on an RD that would blow it out of the water. Good luck man, you've got some nice goodies to trade.

Emailed you

ill take cash offers for the lot... its really time for this stuff to go.

Rob @t ATTN! Burrito /

1968 BSA hornet that's a great project. Has everything for it to be complete, AND clear PA title.

bsa hornet.jpg

Rob @t ATTN! Burrito /

Rob @t ATTN! Burrito /

dang man, ok:

1966 Ducati 160 60% complete

1952 AJS Model 20, I've been playing with the idea of selling. Rare over here. 500CC Brit twin. missing only the seat and part of rear fender. Though it is a project. Engine spins.

2000 MotoGuzzi Quota, torn apart. complete but torn apart. I was toying with idea of making a LeMans replica out of it, but I don't have time. Just needs new clutch with PA title.

hey rob, i emailed you.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account