Scorpion for sale

Adrian Matte /

I have a Scorpion moped for sale, not truly sure of its value, it currently does not run, however all the parts are there and was running 2 years ago. If anyone is interested shoot me an offer. Thanks.

DSC_0003.JPG
DSC_0002.JPG

Re: Scorpion for sale

I don't know that I've seen any scorpions before, but it's kinda cool.

Comes with a dellorto SHA and has a roller bearing crank/connecting rod from the looks of it.

Can you measure the diameter of the piston?

i've always wanted a scorpion. but now is not the time. damnit.

can you find out what model is it.

It should be a SC-1 or a SC-2

Thanks

Those colors are SEXY !!!!!!

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

That's an SC-1, most likely. Pic of the right side would confirm. Even though that's the base model. it looks real good. Pics of mine in various states.

PHTO0074.JPG
PHTO0057.JPG
PHTO0127.JPG

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /
Scorpion ad.jpg

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /
Scorpion with Sebring wheels.jpg

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

I even have the original owners manual. Linda posted it in the wiki.

http://ia700501.us.archive.org/10/items/ScorpionMopedOperatorsManual/ScorpionMopedOperatorsManual.pdf

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

'77 and earlier Scorpions were made in England, '78 and newer were made/assembled in Minnesota.

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

One more Scorpion pic,

graypinto078.jpg

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

dang..

so sexy. ugh. want.

i wish somebody would re-issue those TURBO X-L-R-8 tires. ive always wanted a set.

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

I don't see any reason why yours wouldn't be able to get running. The exhaust is a little carboned up, but the long Morini pipe is better looking any way. It just needs new rings, and that piston looks brand new. And little cylinder clean-up too, is all that's probably needed to get that running. If you are gonna sell that, keep that headlight. It's the best looking stock moped headlight ever. The only other bike with that headlight is the deluxe Vespa Grande. Not all Grande's had that headlight. The difference is, that the Grande had it's light switch on top of the headlight, the Scorpions switch is on the bars. The headlight looks better without the switch on it. ............and ditch those earing like reflectors on the headlight, it ruins the view of all that chrome. The rear reflector, on top of the shock, looks like a bike sign board, and hides the beautiful welds. I moved mine to the lower shock bolt. I think that Scorpions have a stiffer/lighter frame than most mopeds. I put stock Peugeot 103 bars on mine, they're lower, and look better on the bike, they have that French curve to them. I've never been able to figure out if they look better with mags or spokes, so I keep the spokes on a shelf, ready to be pit back on. I kept the stock bars too, in case I want to put it back to original.

Adrian Matte /

The piston is 1. 9/16. and I am pretty sure it is an SC 1.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account