Re: Scorpion for sale

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

I don't see any reason why yours wouldn't be able to get running. The exhaust is a little carboned up, but the long Morini pipe is better looking any way. It just needs new rings, and that piston looks brand new. And little cylinder clean-up too, is all that's probably needed to get that running. If you are gonna sell that, keep that headlight. It's the best looking stock moped headlight ever. The only other bike with that headlight is the deluxe Vespa Grande. Not all Grande's had that headlight. The difference is, that the Grande had it's light switch on top of the headlight, the Scorpions switch is on the bars. The headlight looks better without the switch on it. ............and ditch those earing like reflectors on the headlight, it ruins the view of all that chrome. The rear reflector, on top of the shock, looks like a bike sign board, and hides the beautiful welds. I moved mine to the lower shock bolt. I think that Scorpions have a stiffer/lighter frame than most mopeds. I put stock Peugeot 103 bars on mine, they're lower, and look better on the bike, they have that French curve to them. I've never been able to figure out if they look better with mags or spokes, so I keep the spokes on a shelf, ready to be pit back on. I kept the stock bars too, in case I want to put it back to original.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account