I need a coil for my 1976 morini pacer moped.

Can someone tell me what voltage coil do I need? Or is it possible to convert my pacer to electronic ignition? If so, which would be the best option, assuming I'm reasonably technically proficient?

Thanks my friends!

Re: I need a coil for my 1976 morini pacer moped.

i might have a replacement coil for you. how much do you want to offer?

James Baronie /

This should give you a place to start, I also have a coil. PM with offer if you want it.

https://www.treatland.tv/category-s/64.htm?searching=Y&sort=5&cat=64&show=50&page=1&f-minarelli=50

Im not sure what id be offering. I need to be sure its the right one. I also need help understanding the signage on the tank. I will attach a photo soon

Re: mixture

here is what i need help interpreting:

pacerfuelsticker.jpg

Since the tank is not quite a gallon, it words the measurements funny. It's not exactly clear to me what it is asking....probably just SAE 20 two cycle oil.

Basically what you want to do is mix roughly 4-6 ounces of two cycle oil into one gallon of gasoline. Use a gas can and shake mix it well before putting it in your tank. The reason i say 4-6 is the pacer manual says 6 and the morini engine manual says 4 so anywhere in between should be fine.

I am also a Pacer owner and this is what I use. Starts every time. You can find the two stroke oil in any auto store. If you are looking to change the engine oil at some point, SAE 30 (non-detergent = ND) is recommened for summer months, and SAE 20 (ND) for the winter which I've only been able to find at Walmart.

Thanks Lou! I love my pacer! So Ill mix 11 or 12 oz in a two gallon tank. Thanks again!

Photo0029.jpg

Hey Joe you know I have the stock seat that says PACER on the back and left side cover for that exact bike if you want it? I notice you're is using some generic seat and is missing the side cover. Just throwing it out there!

And yes 11 or 12 oz o two cycle in your 2 gallon gas can. I love my pacer too. i remember not long ago when iwas sure about things,,,just starting out asking questions. right aroudn your age too.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account