Anyone selling a pipe already bent for an e50 angle?

Wouldntyou Wannaknow /

I wanna upgrade the stock pipe on my magnum, but don't have the heat to bend it to the angle that it needs. So, if any of you have one that's already bent and are trying to part ways with it, let me know. Thanks.

Re: Anyone selling a pipe already bent for an e50 angle?

You could probably go to a muffler shop and get this done relatively inexpensively.

Wouldntyou Wannaknow /

Yeah? That actually sounds like a decent idea. I guess I always just assume (possibly wrongly) that most car places won't do small stuff like this for mopeds. If I can't fish something out of this thread then I just might do that. Thanks.

Buy a propane torch and get a metal bar that fits into the header. Heat it until it's red, then bend the pipe by putting the bar in the header. It isn't too hard. Propane (or even better, mapp gas) torches are really useful for all sorts of things. I use mine for all sorts of things.

Andrew Browning /

What you mean is you want a pipe for a magnum slant exhaust. all e50's are the same.

Your choices are to bend another pipe, or to use the really nice magnum header you already have and mate it to a performance exhaust. Its almost easier to get a high touque cylinder and just run a regular pipe.

Michael Thomas /

It's an angle port so if you are buying a new pipe, you have to specify.

Overpriced Parts /

Hi Andrew

Wouldntyou Wannaknow /

I'm not really sure what I said wrong in the OP, but what I meant is that I'm looking for a pipe that is bent to fit the e50's angled exhaust port. Did I say it right that time?

Nope. While you have an E50 engine, your cylinder is a Magnum cylinder which has a DIFFERENT angled exhaust port from Maxi E50 cylinders.

So - what you're asking for is: I'm looking for an already bent Mangum angled exhaust!

But - we all got there anyways. Yeah, man - bend it yourself! Not hard. I did it to my Estoril I got on my stock Magnum five years ago. Maybe get two torches going with a friend. Just bend a bit at a time and you'll get it perfectly.

Wouldntyou Wannaknow /

OH, okay. It makes sense now, thanks. Guess I'll just torch it and stop being a baby!

Andrew Browning /

You might put sand in it so it bends better without kinking.

Or, like you will do eventually because e50 magnums are slow as shit cause they are heavy...use this as an excuse to kit it lol

Most of us have already done the route with the mag to end. You can port it and stuff.... but it's time to make a decision and just a pipe won't make a that much of a dif. Then when ou go to kit it, you will need another regular pipe and you will have a bent one lol.

Hey ken and ben!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account