Looking for mopeds for sale in the DC area.

Hey all,

Is there a good place to look for a moped for sale in the DC area? I mean moped not scooter. It seems no one seems to make the distinction in anymore.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Moose

Re: Looking for mopeds for sale in the DC area.

Clayton Bigsby /

what kind you looking for? i might be selling

I'm just starting my search really. Something that works would be nice or maybe not a lot of work. I just really started researching and don't know a whole lot about it all yet. Basically just looking to tool around on and get me to and from work 6 miles from where I live.

Sorry. I know that's probably not a lot of help. haha.

Clayton Bigsby /

a better question is what are you looking to spend?

I was hoping to keep it around 300 to 500. Of course the less the better as in all things money spending.

There are some on Craigslist. Honestly though, you're probably better off driving to PA or NJ to get a bike. Much cheaper there.

my name is glenn and i have a moped addiction.

15 peds, with 2 more paid for, waiting to be picked up.

i seem to buy them to restore, with no plans to sell any.

the metro area is a hole,typically i drive over an hour to find the "desireable" peds.

speaking of, checked directions, you're 33miles/45 minutes, or 35 miles / 1.5 hours from rockville.

take the time to read the wiki, first moped page to help you steer clear of some of the pitfalls you will encounter.

i personally check most of the online ped buying spots multiple times a week, also do weekend yard sailing looking for estates and random tips to peds.

(sail past crummy yard sales)

hit me up if you need a second opinion before purchasing, and if i see a prospect, i'll shoot you an email.

lastly, rallies are really great places to find mopeds (duh, right?) and also see what other people are riding.

Thank you for info Glenn! I'm just getting started in all this and I greatly appreciate it! I'll defintely drop you a line if I have questions.

Moose

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account