Trade Honda XL75 for Hobbit HPI inner rotor/ mini rotor

I have a strong running Honda XL75. I need a nice ignition for my honda hobbit. i'd love to work out a deal for a nice ignition. i want an hpi inner rotor, mini rotor, or maybe you have something cooler/ better? the ignition needs to be complete, working, and ready to install on my bike.

the bike is 4speed manual shift. kickstart. starts up 1st kick like 90% of the time. if it doesnt start first kick, itll start on the 2nd. i believe it was originally street legal, but i have no paperwork or reg stuff for it. i can provide a bill of sale.

let me know what you have and what you think it's worth.

im located in the east bay area, about half hr. east of sf

Photo 371.jpg
Photo 372.jpg
Photo 355.jpg

Re: Trade Honda XL75 for Hobbit HPI inner rotor/ mini rotor

im also interested in trading the xl75 for another bike. im interested in derbi honda peugeot motobecane, something w/ a minarelli and possibly others. your bike must be a reliable runner. im not interested in taking on any new major prjoects let me know what you have

Jerry Graham /

I dont think the XL was street legal,

i can deliver / meet you somewhere!! Cmon guys i want a nice hobbit ignition...

no one wants to trade a hobbit hpi for a running riding xl75??

how about a different ignition that works w/ honda hobbit?

offers??

i thought someone out there would be amped to trade their ignition for a whole running bike..... is this not a good deal!!??

RADIUM CITY JO$HUA /

Thats a neat looking bike.

the problem with your trade is that you're banking on someone with a not so common part wanting to trade it for a not so common bike.

Youve either got to be patient or sell the bike outright.

campeona del mundo /

oh boy i want that xl75 and id totally trade my hpi internal for it but its not an xl75 its an xr...no use for a dirtbike in the city!

You can make anything work. Watch this vid.

Pietcard cdi conversion using a motoplat magneto.. you could maybe use a bosch or cev just have to get crafty.

campeona del mundo /

but then ya gotta get it registered!

nonetheless i seriously considered doing this...getting lights on it is super easy . dealing with the dmv (which im currently doing to get my s90 registered) is the killer.

BUT this is a killer deal if you live in the outdoors!

thanx for the tips guys.

btw this is definitely an XL 75. The first two VIN letters are "XL" then the following two are "75" The bike was stripped of all its street legal stuffs by a previous owner (for some reason unbeknownst to me). It has a speedo drive, guage cluster mounts, blinker mounts, battery mount, extra wiring for electrics, etc.

id really like to learn more about the pietcard cdi's. ed, u seem to like them a lot. anyone done this conversion? i wouldn't mind being the first... ed, please point me writing about the ignition, or fill me in here..

#being the first to put a pietcard on a hobbit?

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account