Parting out a decently nice mb5

Yes so I haven't cleaned up everything and shot images yet, but figured I'd post this now in case someone is looking for something in particular. It's the red model.

I have mostly everything, in good working condition, except the following:

-triple tree

-gauges

-gas tank

-wheel axles

-master cylinder/caliper/brake line

The engine on it had about 700 miles on it when I bought it last spring, and I put around 4000 miles on it last year as I remember. I rode it all over the place and it never gave me a single problem. Then I got a parts bike to powdercoat stupid colors and an mb8 so I no longer have need for this one.

I'll post up some images soon but just holler now if you need anything.

Re: Parting out a decently nice mb5

Gruff "(OFMC)" - /

thats a sin!

birdsy —— /

progress is a cruel master my friend

speedo cable???

birdsy —— /

that'll be my first order of business tomorrow.

Gruff - Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> thats a sin!

shit happens, dude. one must die so others can live, unless you know of a magical stash of neverending cheap NOS parts.

How does the fuel tank look?

John Joedicke /

Need a rear brake switch and the actuating spring. Air box guts including the foam.

birdsy —— /

What is gone:

-Tank (sorry)

-Engine

-Battery cover

-Side rails and rear blinkers

-Battery strap

-Carb

-a few other small things i cant think of

I have the rear brake switch and spring, and air box but you'll have to put in new foam as that was long gone before i got it.

i'm looking for an mb5 triple tree if anyone wants to do some trading.

The wheels are nice gotta get rid of them.

John Joedicke /

E-mail sent

Scott: I have forks with the triple tree if you want. Make an offer.

I'm parting one out that's pretty crusty, so if anybody wants something that isn't in the original listing, I might have it. Check with the OP first tho. I'm not trying to step on toes by posting this.

birdsy —— /

respect!

i'll PM you.

got some interest in the wheels, but other than that, its just the small details leftover for someone needing something in particular. Well there's the red frame and plastics as well, but I have a feeling those aren't going to go anytime soon.

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

do you have the seat?

birdsy —— /

I've got the seat but no cover, which are of course available if youre so inclined. i believe the foam is in nice shape, I'll take a picture if yer interested.

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

thanks. I've got a seat now with some rips in it, I'm just lookin for a complete seat

birdsy —— /

alrighty, i should really stop being lazy and make a custom seat if i eve rdo that you'll be first on the list of moped geniuses to sell it to

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account