fs: Tomos a3, a35, a55 SS clutch springs

Here is the long awaited custom SS springs as I said I would have made for the masses of tomos fans.

These are a far better spring for the heat that is being made in the gear box. Longer life! stainless steel!

Light is 15lbs

Heavy is 20lbs

I had these base off the 9.5lbs stock green clutch spring.

It may take a couple people to get these on the clutch.

8$ ea. SS spring (paypal) shipping costs are not included.

They come in Light and Heavy.

Thanks,

MA

Ed (edited)

Picture 004 (Medium).jpg

Re: fs: Tomos a3, a35, a55 SS clutch springs

GET REALIZED! BE HERE NOW! /

I want a heavy and a light. Ill email you about shipping and stuff.

Emailed.

Ed, i want some but still deciding on how many...

Thanks for getting this done for us tomos ppl

What rpm difference do you expect between the medium and heavy springs?

x4 for me x2 ea let me know

@grey, thanks for the email.

@bang,

There is no medium springs. These are increased in tension over the stock tension. There is a formula for the rpm vs spring tension.

@bryan

Drop me a email sir.

Thanks,

ed

ed im a dummy

you put the 15lbs in 1st gear, and 20lbs in second?

Or same type of spring for each?

I tested it like that .. with good performance..

I run 2 light, 2 heavy.. You will be able to tell as soon as you start the bike..

All that tranny noise is gone. That is the clutch klaming around in there.

I even tried heavy on first and light on second.. that didn't work well.

I did have the test bike up to 65mph with these springs and leather clutches. Should be alot of fun on stock clutches.

ttt (edited)

What ate the best tools to have around in order to get these springs on?

I just used my hands and fingers. Just have to be very strong. If I was to use tools I would use something thin and flat. Couple friends around and it would be a breeze. (edited)

changing springs takes 2 minutes TOPS if you have a couple smaller C clamps or vice grips available. use a screw driver and add a clamp as you make progress.

On to the market place!

light

heavy

I have about 20 some of these left.

Get them while you can!

The price is different on the bay as you know how the fees rack up quickly!

If you want them at the ma price. Email me directly, no pms. (edited)

You said you ran 2 light springs and 2 heavy springs. 2 light on 1st, 2 heavy on 2nd I'm guessing. What is the shift point with that setup on your bike? My A35 does about 50.

Ok, lemme see if I got this right... You increased the spring tension with these custom springs? Like, the stock spring has a 9.5lb coefficient and the new one has 15lbs? And the 20lb would be for 2nd gear? If so... DO WANT. Do you still have any available? I would take one of each.

My email works.

thanks,

ed

The next run of these I will have a 25lbs also.

In most cases you just want to get a new green spring and get a light and heavy.. test it on your bike. My bike was setup different then yours as you going to have cdi limited hitting. I went with a off the wall veiw at the ignition on tomos.

Yes,

I had a company I hired. Make the custom cnc stainless steel clone tomos spring. Then I asked if they can increase the tension for me in 5% or 10% ..

Ok 2 questions.

Now both springs are stronger then stock tomos springs?

So I would most likely want a light spring on first and a heavy on second?

Cost to toronto, canadia?

You can run 2 lights or 2 heavys or like you said.

drop me a email.

GET REALIZED! BE HERE NOW! /

Go 2 heavies. its the shit.

fuck 4 springs? I didn't even think there was room for doubling up. How high does it push engagement? I kinda of like how first bites just before the power band and second is high 20s (kph)

You run either 2 light ss spring 1st and 2nd or run the heavys on 1st and 2nd or run light on 1st and heavy on 2nd.

No 4 springs DO not fit.

You have a kit.. ? or not.. if not kitted use the lights. (edited)

I'm so confused, cause in my head it seems like light spring in 1st, then for the later engagement heavy in second... it seems like both gears would grab at once if both springs were the same, obviously this isn't happening, so can someone make me stop feeling dumb?

It's just gearing. The second gear clutch spins slower. It's will always take more time to spin up then the first, well unless you snap a spring.

oooohhhhh thanks

Any one wanna leave a personal report on how they like or dislike these! (edited)

I got a light and a heavy. I broke the heavy putting it on but I was able to connect it back together with needle nose pliers. I should have had someone help me put it on. My fault, too much bending.

Both my clutches are chrome tanned leather with groove cut in the leather to help them engage better. I'm running about 12 oz of SAE 30 non-detergent. I'll see what happens when I add more. My shift point before with my stock springs was about 16 or 17 mph, now it's 19 or 20 mph. My power band doesn't really hit until about 25mph in first gear but it shifts into 2nd before I can hit it.

I'm still happy with the new springs.

Many Thanks for the input!

Evan snapped a heavy I think also but he was pushing the limits of the springs to the breaking point.

Someone said there is a factory tool for installing these springs. Anyone have a real photo of this tool. May someone overseas can find the tool for us or someone make the tool. (edited)

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account