FS/FT (Feeler): SearsFreeSpirit in RVA

after many months of discovering+fixing broken/missing/FUBAR issues, Ive lost interest this project.

its the black/gold one in my profile. there are notes on what i have completed and what needs to be done.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

heres what the previous own said [my_additions]status:

Extended rear

Re: FS/FT (Feeler): SearsFreeSpirit in RVA

for those too lazy to look at profile:

changes:

1) bars were sanded down and painted black due to rust

2) the headlight bucket is right-side up with a plastic cover in the speedo hole

3) front wheel now has spacers ...seriously

4) new petcock + fuel line + filter + clamps

6) shiny metal mangura controls

7) black magnum grips

more to do

will put up a new pic soon (previous pic is old)

word my friend might want it get some pics up and a let me know a price...welcome to RVA too!

price?

I'll take some pics this weekend and make a complete list of parts/mods/needed_fixes. I havent technically moved to Richmond yet as im extremely busy with a project at work, transporting belongings, and waiting on my future rental house to be move-in-ready. So it'll be a few weeks before its ready for sale. I'm trying to have everything ready for the HS Rally.

price: once im finished fixing everything and tune it, $1200. Trades involving running stock(+/-ish) peds welcome. I may end swapping out the metra kit(carb and pipe too?) and selling them instead of the entire ped.

my parts being shipped by UPS were delayed by the crazy weather this week and wont get here until next week.

More to do (things im going to fix before selling):

1) discovered 3 ball bearings missing in the front wheel last weekend, will order/find more

2) grips will be here Wednesday, 05/04/2011

3) pedal arms need to removed and put back on, might need a new pin for the right arm

4) clutch cable needs to be adjusted

5) brake cables needed

6) sheared tank bolt needs to be removed

bump for being willing to take 1000 for it in its "current state" box o spare Puch parts included.

bump for a nice local ped. have you tried CL? listings are hot right now, anything with moped in the title lasts about 2 hours. you made it this far and dont want to complete it? sounds like a weekend of work.

Wow, so close to finishing and it looks great... Keep it and blast!

have grips now, can go ahead and install+adjust the handlebars+controls today.

bought the wrong size bearings for the front hub...

turns out "inches" on the sliding ruler part of my digital calipers are broken down into tenths...

while looking for something different entirely, i found a bag of headset bearings in my giant box of random moped parts that are the same size as the wheel bearings.

it starts(!easy) and runs (!great). somewhat easier to start now that the clutch cable is adjusted with the lever on the handlbars. Front wheel is back on AND it spins (bearings).

need to:

1)clean:

carb, tank, petcock

2)install:

controls on right side of handlbars, new right pedal crank pin, front brake cable

3)Tune carb

4) front brake cable

5) throttle cable knarps are about an inch too far apart... no solution for this yet.

Hey Im interested in your freespirit and I live in Richmond. How is the bottom end? Does it have a roller bearing crank? If it does I would trade you a stock clean maxi and a magnum project for it. Email me for details if you're interested.

REVISED current state. getting closer...

NEEDS:

1)the wheels trued, found some motorcycle shops in Richmond that can do it.

2)a sheared tank mounting bolt removed, not the first time ive had to, so its just a matter of doing it.

3)right side brake lever+throttle control+cables installed

4) throttle cable needs a knarp to reduce cable length.(just ordered)

5) carburetor and ignition tuned.

throttle control + cable installed and adjusted

NEEDS:

1 )the wheels trued, found some motorcycle shops in Richmond that can do it.

2) a sheared tank mounting bolt removed, not the first time ive had to, so its just a matter of doing it.

3) right side brake cable installed

4) carburetor and ignition tuned.

if you still have it let me know, i live in richmond, what kind of engine is on it?

its an E50, rebuilt by 1977mopeds

NEEDS:

1 )the wheels trued, found some motorcycle shops in Richmond that can do it.

2) a sheared tank mounting bolt removed, not the first time ive had to, so its just a matter of doing it.

3) right side brake cable installed

4) carburetor and ignition tuned.

5) pedals arms installed with new pins (previous pins weren't installed correctly)

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account