FS: 1980 Garelli Super Sport

Im selling a 1980 Garelli Super Sport. Cosmetically this is one of the nicest bikes ive ever had, everything is originial, all the paint is in really good shape as well as the chrome, very minimal rust on any of bike as you can probably tell from the picture. This bike is 99% complete, things it needs/ is missing: a throttle cable, tailight (and the two wires for it), left side peddle, and the rear shocks (I have a set of shocks I can include for $25 but I dont have the hardware to mount them or i would have) Also missing a couple small hardware bits like one of the rear seat mount bolts, a nut for the gas tank side panel mounting bolt, etc. As far as the engine the bottom end seems to be in really good shape, the rear wheel spins free so the clutch is in good shape and not all swollen and fucked up like a alot of garelli clutches do, the crank bearings dont make any noise and the engine turns freely. I got the bike to run for a minute but once I shut it off it wouldnt start again, the compression seems kinda weak and the top end made some noise when it ran so maybe theres a broken ring on it or the rings just need replaced, also even though I checked the spark after the bike ran and it still seemed good, it may need a condensor since the bike stopped running after it warmed up. So either way shouldnt be alot of work but i dont need the bike cause ive got a ton of other project and the bike is cosmetically too nice for my taste (plus i dont like garellis that much either lol) so im selling it. if you want a real nice bike that will take minimal work to get intor riding condition, pick this up.

300$

1303502893_picture_1048.jpg

Re: FS: 1980 Garelli Super Sport

second pic, i have the magneto cover but it was off for the pic.

If you're interested in the bike email me since mopedarmy is gonna be down for the next two days or wtf ever is gonna happen

1303502984_picture_1049.jpg

where are you located ?

columbus doooder...

buy alex's ped, he is rad.

i can confirm said radness.

bump i suppose. i guess its worth mentioning, compression and brake cables are hooked up and work well, both tires hold air and have good tread, front forks work, headlight worked while it ran, etc..

OT: fuck change, this new MA is rapeing my brain

willing to part out?

rims + engine?

dont really wanna part it out since its a nice bike plus all the added fucking around and getting a bunch of parts leftover but if no one wants the whole bike I guess I might, what would you give me for the engine and wheels?

lucky charms /

Where are you located?I have cash and i could make the trip if not to far.I know someone posted that already maybe i missed where you said that

lucky charms /

Where are you located?I have cash and i could make the trip if not to far.I know someone posted that already maybe i missed where you said that

Im in columbus ohio

do you by chance have a noi cylinder /piston you want to sell?

do you by chance have a noi cylinder /piston you want to sell?

drunken mcfrenzy /

is this puppy still up fer nabs?

yep

bump

scat

Would you be willing to crate and grayhound it?

nah I wouldnt do that, unless you had some shipping company come take it away

bump

if you're interested in this make me an offer

dude ... buddyy i just made a post that i want one like two days ago i want that shit and i want it now how much cash on deck son lets do this where are you located

oh nvm you live in ohio sorry dog but sweet ass bike and i want one bad

back again. after some more fucking around well the bike is still in about the same shape. since no one wanted it I figured i'd work on it some more to try get it running again. the compression was pretty low so i figured that was the problem. i replaced the rings and lightly honed the cylinder, put it all back together. comp is good now, but somehow within the time of me replacing the rings, the bike totally lost spark. when the bike stopped running I had checked for spark and remember it still had decent spark. theres no taillight and since the tailight wire needs grounded for spark I had it grounded to one of the mounting bolt holes for the top engine cover/footrest with the bolt in it. i took it off after it stopped running and then regrounded it to the same place after replacing the rings. but liek I said somehow it ahas no spark now. maybe im over-looking something retarded or maybe it just needs new points/ condensor.

so yeah back up for sale, make an offer

emailed

chiggidy-check it.

I think i might wanna take this off your hands... sent you an email, would be a few days before i could make it up to c-bus from columbus if that's ok.

from cinci i mean

I'm looking for a project bike. Email me at adevriesc@gmail.com so we can discuss price, if the bike hasn't sold yet.

well I actually just got the bike running again so im probably gonna get it riding and then maybe put it up for sale again after that, but for more then im asking now

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account