FS: '79 yamaha 650 special

This is a nearly mint condition Yamaha 650 special from 1979. This bike is only driven around town once and awhile to keep a charge in the battery. THe bike is red and cafe style. hacked off fenders cafe bars ect.

I'm posting this on here for the seller. He use to ride cafe racers back in his younger days, but now he has back problems. He buys old bikes fixes them up and turns them into cafe racers to make some quick cash.asking price is $3000 if ya can't ride why not build?! Email me if you are interested. i will get pics soon and any other information as long as you ask

Re: FS: '79 yamaha 650 special

you guys are missing out

Timmy Southpark /

$3000 is worlds away from what that bike is worth. I can get decent running yamaha 650's all day on craigslist for around $700-$800 range. The only older jap bikes from that Era that seem to hold value are 2 stroke twins & triples. The old cruisers such as the yamaha specail are bland and slow compared to newer street bikes.

Also not a moped. Not trying to hate, just educate.

I know its not a moped. anyway

what would you suggest as for a selling price?

I just traded a nice fully stock 77 Newport for an 81 XS400 Special if that gives you and idea.

i've been into mopeds for just under a year now so I'm still a newb to this. could you give me numbers and facts that I could take to this guy so that he'll lower his price?

pictures?

my friend bought an Yamaha xs400 for $400. Depending on condition, 500-800? maybe?

1000-2000. depends on the condition

I agree with Chance, $1000-2000, maybe $2500 if it has a built up motor and Akront rims

Timmy Southpark /

if it was me...

assuming everything is stock except for the handlebars, i would ask $1000 on craigslist for it & take $800 on an offer.

Agreed, 3,000 is way out of the ball park. Plus the specials make for a crappy cafe platform.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account