WTB: tank/seat for top tank build (magnum,etc)

I got a free spirit with an identity crisis that wants to be a top tank so i'm looking for a tank and a seat. Magnum, ssxl, sebring, g3, small motorcycle?, etc. let me know what you got!

Re: WTB: tank/seat for top tank build (magnum,etc)

Crickets....

I sent you an email with pic

still in the hunt...maybe throw your hat in the ring.

justin you got mail

treats puch monza seat...

Kevin - yeah I'm going to go with that monza seat if I dont find anything else. Its pretty nice and priced right and I like Will from the netherlands magnum with that seat on it. It is actually the seat I have had my eye on for the past 3 weeks, just not sure if its too big.

tank anyone?

might wanna ask will on the tank...

Ask will on the tank as in he might be able to hook me up or as in it was a bitch to make that seat work with a magnum tank?

Heres a little help with mounting any seat you want. (Mine is a 5 star tank on a magnum frame)

1. As you can see in the picture you just measure to original mount holes on the bars (which are 1/4" aluminum, very easy to drill)

2. drill holes, mount bars

3. put gas tank in place, then line up ware you want to mount the seat on the bars

4. mark with a sharpie, make sure there square, drill holes

5. Mount Seat!

Hope this helps!

thanks. that helps me out a bit being able to see an actual pic of how to mount the seat. i had the same idea in my head on how to mount the seat but its always good to see a a few pics. everything has held up good?

any take on how to secure the tank....whichever one i pick up? i can weld in the crossbar with no problem. i was just gonna get the rubber nubs that the front of the tank slide into and weld in some posts to put the nubs on but i am still brainstorming on how to attach the rear of the tank.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account